JHPArizona's Config - Which computer to list?

JHPArizona

Thread author
Mar 11, 2015
In running my business, I have multiple computers, the Linux system listed above, another Linux system used as server, a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Windows XP SP3, iMac G5 OS X. The laptop with Win7 is protected by AVG, MB, Ad-Aware AV. The XP box is protected by MSE which continues to work despite the threats from MS. I only use this box for remoting into client offices so....need protection from them more than anything else. ;)

I

illumination

Hello and Welcome to MalwareTips!

Cant go wrong with Fedora. Reason your are still on 18 not 21?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Nice assortment of machines you have :) Thanks for sharing them.
There's no need to use AVG and Ad-Aware at the same time on the same machine. Choose one.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Considering you are using a Linux Environment, protection security software is not a problem caused majority of viruses works in Windows PE (Portable Executable) and alone to attempt install in Linux will not do anything. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.