Advice Request Just Ahead of First Windows 8 Event, Windows 7 Breaks the 30% Worldwide Usage Share M

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 7 is right on track to becoming the no. 1 operating system worldwide by the end of 2011, and the platform just reached a new milestone on its way there.

At the end of August 2011, Windows 7’s usage share exploded to 30.60%, up from 29.66% the previous month, according to statistics shared by Net Applications.

Microsoft revealed earlier this summer that it had sold in excess of 400 million licenses of Windows Vista’s successor since the OS launched in late 2009.

Read More.

D

Deleted member 178

not surprising, this is the most well concepted OS of Microsoft.

I

illumination

Hungry Man said:
Great! People need to continue to drop XP and move to Vista, 7, or 8.

Most people love windows xp, cant stand windows vista, and can not afford windows 7, so do not see this excelling to fast over time. Although it is good to see windows 7 gaining some recognition, as it is by far the best in my eyes..

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Win7 prices will likely drop with Win8 out. And all new computers come with Windows Vista or 7 so we'll continue to see this number climb.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I have just caught up with everyone. I have got Windows 7 and I don't think that I am going to be changing to Windows 8 anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
Well I have just caught up with everyone. I have got Windows 7 and I don't think that I am going to be changing to Windows 8 anytime soon.

keep Win7, let see if the features of Win8 worth the switch.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 7 is the most successful OS made by Microsoft since marketing shares was continuously increased.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i thought more people will choose using windows 7. and windows 7 users and have lot money will use windows 8 when windows 8 released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.