Justin 21's Config

Justin21

Thread author
Oct 31, 2011
And thats it, tell me what you think :)

P.S I used to use Sandboxie with Firefox but I decided to remove it because it was causing to many problems with my wife using the computer plus i got a bit lazy with it lol ;)

I

illumination

Your config is very good.. Running Comodo firewall with D+ and avast as well as having the on demand scanners.. The only thing i could think to suggest, would be backing up your system in case you ever need to restore it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
GabiCRX said:
Very nice !
You can add Superantispyware and Webroot SecureAnywhere !

I don't think Webroot SecureAnywhere would be of any benefit, plus it's not free.

You can use SAS as an on-demand scanner, but I haven't seen it performing well. I would think MBAM and HMP are minimum.

Nice config in choosing Avast for your real-time.

What settings have you modified in Avast?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Just looking at the config. I think that it is a very secure config. Nice job ;)

E

Exorcizm

You could try add MalwarBytes to the setup you have Justin!

MalwareBytes is beast addition for any pc! :D

Justin21

Thread author
Oct 31, 2011
Hello everyone, thanks for the reply! :) Earth, I have all the settings in avast maxed out, its the free edition btw. and I already have Malwarebytes as one of my on-demand scanners lol

E

Exorcizm

Oh Sorry Justin! I missed it!

I was looking on the line with Hitman on it, i missed MBAM haha!

Well then your all set ;)

D

Deleted member 178

i agree with earth, you have a good config, i will suggest EMET for hardening your appps. but it is optionnal.

E

Exorcizm

umbrapolaris said:
i agree with earth, you have a good config, i will suggest EMET for hardening your appps. but it is optionnal.

So installing this when i get home :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Justin21 said:
And thats it, tell me what you think :)

P.S I used to use Sandboxie with Firefox but I decided to remove it because it was causing to many problems with my wife using the computer plus i got a bit lazy with it lol ;)
Good security configuration!
Any special settings for the COMODO Firewall?
What was your previous security setup?
When was the last time you got infected?

I would suggested that you try a password manager because not only it will give you more security on the internet but it will also make your life easier.
Additional browser plugins :

LastPass (Free) - link
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From started configuration it looks good.

You can add a hardening tool to protect some vulnerabilities on common products by exploit. Enhanced Mitigation Experienced Toolkit.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.