Privacy News Kadugannawa schoolboy arrested over President’s website hack

L

LabZero

Thread author
A seventeen-year-old schoolboy from Kadugannawa was arrested this afternoon, for engineering the hack on President Maithripala Sirisena’s website.

President Sirisena’s official website www.president.gov.lk came under attack on Friday (26), when the site was taken down and a message posted in Sinhalese, expressing the displeasure of a collective of hackers calling themselves ‘The Sri Lanka Youth’, at the government having scheduled the Advanced Level examination for April, during the traditional Sinhala and Tamil New Year.

The message was removed shorty thereafter and a message notifying users that the site would down for ‘scheduled maintenance', put up instead.

The President’s website was back online a few hours later.

Read more: Kadugannawa schoolboy arrested over President’s website hack

PS: maybe it was better if he was studying :D

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
the world is changing, even Sri Lanka has hackers lol; im waiting for an Somalian hacker group lol

Nowadays it's easy to become a hacker. Just attend online courses (Cybrary for e.g.), and you can be a noob hacker.

But I believe imo, a true talented hacker should fulfill these 3 things:-
1) He's an introvert.:D
2) He fail to enter any college/university.:D
3) He doesn't need to work. Just stay at home and money just comes in. :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Nowadays it's easy to become a hacker. Just attend online courses (Cybrary for e.g.), and you can be a noob hacker.

But I believe imo, a true talented hacker should fulfill these 3 things:-
1) He's an introvert.:D
2) He fail to enter any college/university.:D
3) He doesn't need to work. Just stay at home and money just comes in. :D

oh it was me at 17 :p

i can't get even get point 3 because i suck in coding , in fact im too lazy to learn it ^^

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.