App Review Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business vs Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I did not use Kaspersky Anti-ransomware I am currently relying on Cylance.
then be careful

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Please correct me if I'm wrong but, what I could find is that this tool is free. Kaspersky only requires your company information first and I suspect that's an automated process and perhaps only needs an email confirmation before download.

Personal I'm not sure I would recommend this tool for genuine companies other then in some specific testing environments. Sure it eventually got trashed, but I seen much worse and it's not worthless IMO as it did catch 5 out of 6 samples.

N31R

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2016
I've downloaded the installer twice, with different info (country, company name etc.) and got a different installer hash, so it seems the installer is injected with the provided data upon registration.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
it is compatible with kaspersky free
nope, Kaspersky antiransomware is a lite version of kaspersky antivirus suites. They overlap each other
It has KSN (kaspersky cloud) and a lite version of System watcher (kaspersky's behavioral blocker)

this tool can block any type of malwares only if they are detected by KSN
however, when it's not detected, System watcher (lite) can only detect ransomwares and some trojans
I tested it in the past. It failed to block a lot of non-ransomware malwares. It's system watcher is noticeably weaker than Kaspersky AV's system watcher

it lacks signatures, full system watcher (can detect all types of malware), web filter, heuristics,...

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
then be careful

The Cylance algorithm that prevents malware is totally different and separate from the nature of the program that allowed 'badware' attached to 'goodware' to fool the Cylance process.

Cylance is really effective against ransomware.

But.... there are areas where Cylance needs to be bolstered.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.