Kaspersky Fails in Grc test even.......

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
I have tested GRC shield ups with kaspersky Pure even with this settings and result come out is Fail even all ports are stealth.

104m2c5.jpg

24uwyls.jpg

I

illumination

Are you sure it was not your router you were testing instead of Kaspersky?

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
thewolfsmith72 said:
Are you sure it was not your router you were testing instead of Kaspersky?

yes i was not on router but on wireless 3G while test

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Use this guide bro. http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Configure-Kaspersky-for-Stealthing-all-ports. This was written by me. Now you will get tru stealth

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
You need to tweak the firewall settings so that an ICMP echo reply will not be allowed.
I believe that you should disallow the packet rule 'ICMP Echo Reply (in)' to allow you to pass it. I have no way of testing this at the moment since I use my router's firewall at home.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
Use this guide bro. http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Configure-Kaspersky-for-Stealthing-all-ports. This was written by me. Now you will get tru stealth

I have mention in my first post already that I have tweak the kaspersky with above method too but still its fail

elliotcroft said:
You need to tweak the firewall settings so that an ICMP echo reply will not be allowed.
I believe that you should disallow the packet rule 'ICMP Echo Reply (in)' to allow you to pass it. I have no way of testing this at the moment since I use my router's firewall at home.

Yes it is disallow but still its fail

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Stranger said:
malbky said:

I have mention in my first post already that I have tweak the kaspersky with above method too but still its fail

elliotcroft said:

Yes it is disallow but still its fail
I'm talking about this:
[attachment=1701]

Attachments

• Kaspersky setting 1.png
    Kaspersky setting 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 546

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
My mistake elliotcroft
Its now pass by unchecking the service alog with above mentioned settings by malbky.
Thank you to both of you

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Was it using a dongle? A lot of the dongles act very similar to a router.

An easy test is to disable the firewall and run the test again. If the results are the same, you're not testing the software firewall.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:

An easy test is to disable the firewall and run the test again. If the results are the same, you're not testing the software firewall.
I don't think so, since disallowing ICMP Echo on Kaspersky allows the test to be passed.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
HeffeD said:

No its not router testing as my dongle fails Grc test when there were no software firewall installed

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.