Advice Request Kaspersky free 2019 was released or is a beta

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Yes _Harlan said 2019 has system watcher but the download liks listed download 2018 i want to know if 2019 is beta or not and whare can i download it https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download here you can download a 2019 version for the european union whith gdpr but it canot be used in another country
According to the thread in your OP, the links are official releases that will be live on the website shortly.
This is the correct link, choose your language: Index of /homeuser/kfa2019/19.0.0.1088/

Edit: I have tried Spanish from a North American IP address and it works fine.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
KFA2019 neither the others K2019 versions are beta, all the installers in that link are final releases, patch B is already in public beta testing, that will fix many bugs and I hope will give a better stability to K2019...

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
KFA2019 neither the others K2019 versions are beta, all the installers in that link are final releases, patch B is already in public beta testing, that will fix many bugs and I hope will give a better stability to K2019...
between avast free and KFA 2019 which one is better?
i will use one of them with windows firewall control and hitman pro alert.
thanks in advance.

Reactions: oldschool

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
i will use one of them with windows firewall control and hitman pro alert.
thanks in advance.
Looked over the AV-Comparatives tests for the past 3 months; Kaspersky is more consistent with less false positives. However, with both products being free, try it out for yourself and see how each software tends to your needs and impacts your system.

Last edited:

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Looked over the AV-Comparatives tests for the past 3 months; Kaspersky is more consistent with less false positives. However, with both products being free, try it out for yourself and see how each software tends to your needs and impacts your system.
thanks, bro.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013

Without a doubt Kaspersky is quicker in getting out definitions than is Avast. Further, it is a very rare thing (quick frankly I do not remember an instance) where Avast would beat K to the punch.

Now please understand that I'm talking a difference in time (from when a new piece of malware is detected to when a definition is in place- TTD- Time to Detection) between K and A of less than 24 hours. To some, this is not significant. For me it would be of the upmost importance as malware that is being actively pushed will be true Zero-day and not the 3 day old crap you see tested by the Pro's.

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
Without a doubt Kaspersky is quicker in getting out definitions than is Avast. Further, it is a very rare thing (quick frankly I do not remember an instance) where Avast would beat K to the punch.

My brother is thinking to use KIS. Do you recommend KIS?.

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018

Now please understand that I'm talking a difference in time (from when a new piece of malware is detected to when a definition is in place- TTD- Time to Detection) between K and A of less than 24 hours. To some, this is not significant. For me it would be of the upmost importance as malware that is being actively pushed will be true Zero-day and not the 3 day old crap you see tested by the Pro's.
thanks, you are very helpful.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
My brother is thinking to use KIS. Do you recommend KIS?.
I use kis atm after along time avast premier user.After only 2 days trial i buyed a 1 year license. I would realy, realy recommend Kaskersky when it comes to Internetsecurity suits or avs. It is so stable, so unintrosive. No ads/popups in paid version(like avast without changed settings) and the protection when u tweak it with program control etc is outstanding. kis 2019 is a real keeper.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Tremendous. Kaspersky free let me play videogames whitouth slow down. I can play dragon ball xenoverse 2 in a i core 3 whith intel graphics and not see slowdown. I recomend it. I only like to they do more visible the config seetings in "General"

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Well, Avast Free is more customizable than KFA2019, but the combo KFA2019 + OSArmor 1.4 may be quite strong and light :)
I and some members of the forum had some problems with the Kaspersky products 2019. If they solve the problems with the new patch from Kaspersky i believe KFA is the best free antivirus today

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.