Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Kaspersky has uploaded to their servers the final builds (12.0.0.374) for the 2012 products.It will take several hours until the official page will be updated accordingly.
If you can't wait another few hours,you can download the 2012 version from here :

KIS 2012 : ftp://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/products/english/homeuser/kis2012/

KAV 2012 : ftp://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/products/english/homeuser/kav2012/

Installer size : 66,8MB
[attachment=371]

WHAT'S NEW IN KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 2012

Kaspersky_Internet_Security_2012_MatLey_Studios_2.png

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is a comprehensive data protection tool. The application protects you from viruses and malware, unknown threats and Internet fraud, while allowing you to control access to your computer and the Internet.

The multifaceted protection covers all channels for data transfer and exchange. Flexible configuration provided for each protection component lets users adapt Kaspersky Internet Security to their specific needs.

What's new in the application interface:
  • The Task Manager, which allows you to view all completed scan tasks and those in progress, has been added.
  • The redesigned interface of the main window now allows you to view all the necessary information about the computer protection status, activity of protection components, update status of anti-virus databases, and license validity period.
  • The section providing information about the cloud protection, has been added.
  • The search by key word, which allows you to find the required settings or functionality from the main window, has been added.
  • Viewing of Kaspersky Lab news has been optimized.
  • The support of touchscreens has been added.
  • Application reports are easy-to-see.
  • The gadget's design has been improved; also, the list of actions that can be performed using the gadget, has been expanded.

What's improved:
  • The procedure for searching incompatible software has been improved, which allows to avoid conflicts between applications.
  • The list of an application's actions that you can roll back if that application is considered to be malicious, has been expanded.
  • The System Watcher technology has been improved: not only does it now collect information about actions performed by an application during the current session, but it also collects information during all the previous sessions.
  • The application threat rating technology, which is based on the analysis of applications' behavior in other users' systems, has been improved to protect the computer and personal data of users of Kaspersky Lab applications.
  • The option of checking the reputation of an application, its threat rating, and usage statistics from other users before running that application, has been added.
  • The functionality of Kaspersky URL Advisor has been improved: the option of viewing additional information about categories of websites has been added.
  • The list of supported web browsers has been expanded.
  • The cloud protection has been significantly improved. A blend of cloud technologies and traditional signature methods ensures a high level of protection for your computer regardless of whether it is connected to the Internet constantly or not.
  • Download of updates has been accelerated. The update process does not impact other running applications, conceding them priority in using the hard drive.
  • Efficiency of protection against rootkits has been increased: the technologies designed for preventing the loading process of the operating system from being intercepted by malware, have been improved.
  • The self-defense technology has been improved: it is now active since the very beginning of the application installation process, preventing attempts of disabling the anti-virus protection; it can be disabled upon the user's request only.
  • The application's impact on the operating system's performance and the user's typical operations has been reduced. For example, the impact on the operating system's loading time and the applications' launching time has been reduced.
  • The function of recognizing phishing websites in all protection components has been significantly improved. When recognizing phishing websites and protecting the user against spam, new methods of heuristic analysis are now used, along with data updated in online databases in real-time mode, which ensures a quicker response of protection against emerging threats.
  • Parental Control now features a quick access to viewing reports and modifying the control settings; control of users' messaging in social networks has also been improved.
  • The procedures of activating the application, purchasing and renewing the license have been simplified, as well as switching from the trial version to the commercial one.

MAIN KNOWN ISSUES
  • When installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 over the 2011 version, the previously activated additional license for the 2011 version will not be inherited by the 2012 version.
  • If AVPTool (Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) is detected on your computer during the installation, it is required that you either select automatic uninstallation of this application followed by reboot, or uninstall it manually.
  • The limiting of the maximum size cannot be applied to Quarantine and Backup correctly.
  • If File Anti-Virus has been paused by schedule, the Pause / Resume protection item misses in the context menu of the application.
    Some windows of the application don't follow completely MS recommendations regarding managing from keyboard (Tab, Alt-X).
  • The application may return errors when copying updates to a non-existing folder.
  • In some cases, no characters can be entered at the Virtual Keyboard in entry fields of web browsers or applications.
  • Functioning of Parental Control may become unstable if the account name coincides with the computer name.
  • Safe Run for Applications does not support startup of custom scan from the context menu of an object.
  • When you move an application from one group to another and then back in
  • Application Control, child processes lose their initial restrictions.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 710

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Just downloaded and installed KIS 2012 ....

[attachment=374]

[attachment=375]

[attachment=376]

[attachment=377]

Please note that patch A has not been incorporated in the installer so you'll have to update KIS 2012 and restart your PC in order to install it. :)
Before :
[attachment=372]
After :
[attachment=373]

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 695
  • 6.png
    6.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 686
  • 1.png
    1.png
    49 KB · Views: 669
  • 2.png
    2.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 725
  • 3.png
    3.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 651
  • 5.png
    5.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 683

amazingAG

Jun 1, 2011
Being a kaspersky fan offcourse i'll try. But both the links you have provided is for KAV and not KIS.
Another thing just want to clarify whether ver2011 license works on ver2012 or not?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
amazingAG said:
Being a kaspersky fan offcourse i'll try. But both the links you have provided is for KAV and not KIS.
Sorry and fixed! :D

amazingAG said:
Another thing just want to clarify whether ver2011 license works on ver2012 or not?
Yes it will work.
Migration for free can only be possible if the current valid license or activation code is for the same type of software. It is not possible to use a Kaspersky Anti Virus activation code for a Kaspersky Internet Security software and vice versa because they are not compatible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really like the new "right-click" option "Check Reputation in KSN".

[attachment=378]

Trusted/Known Program :
[attachment=379]

Untrusted/Unknown Program :
[attachment=380]

Kaspersky has a massive community with all this new cloud and reputation features added I'm sure that KIS 2012 will be able to compete against NIS 2012 in the prevention/detection field.:D
Lets now see how it feels on a PC....

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 651
  • 3.png
    3.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 686
  • 1.png
    1.png
    219.6 KB · Views: 675
V

Vextor

Good new features, but their detection ratios and lack of a proper behaviour guard really let it down.
However if you are a security enthusiast, I would strongly recommend configuring KIS/KAV's settings as I believe it has a great engine laying underneath it's skin.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
As part of the new Kaspersky Security Network infrastructure , Kaspersky has also added an "advisor" in Google Search results ...
[attachment=381]

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 691

amazingAG

Jun 1, 2011
Kaspersky site advisor was already there in the previous version.... guess they have improved it a bit

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I will surely give it a try in a VM. If I like it I will use in general.

D

Deleted member 178

i always found KIS "heavy" compared to others, let see its ressources usage

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
I just saw a review by MrXidus on it. This looks awesome!! I luv it!.

It's pretty complete againist the competition and it is just...THE THING!!! GO CRY NORTON!...hehe

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Kaspersky has just announced the official release and updated their site :

http://www.kaspersky.com/internet-security-2012?icid=bnnr_mhp_kis_sfe_area

You can now download Kaspersky 2012 Product Line directly from their site. :)

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
looks promising.
I would like to see some I/O statistics on this one.

If they update the Ferrari special edition to 2012 i will buy and use it because that is just badass! :D

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@iPanik I'll post a screenshot :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
220-220_kis2012.jpg

Found this "Online Traning Courses" (Video) in which you guys can find "What is Kaspersky Internet Security 2012?" and "Interface of KIS 2012" basically a product tour - link .... Enjoy:D

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
KIS 2012 Resource Usage(Idle):

Task Manager :
[attachment=383]
Process Hacker :
[attachment=384]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 722
  • 2.png
    2.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 666

malwarebuster

Apr 26, 2011
Just one question I have.. Is it less buggy than the 2011 version? and I'll probably try it. Thanks for the info!

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
malwarebuster said:
Just one question I have.. Is it less buggy than the 2011 version? and I'll probably try it. Thanks for the info!
There aren't any bugs that I can notice.......KIS 2012 is definitely a major improvement when compared with the 2011 version.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I've been lurking around numerous other security forums and from what I notice is quite a handful of people are reporting slowness.
Yet...one thing they ain't telling us along with it is there system specs. They probably have slow under performing PC's.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
@MrXidus I did a test on a VM and it was pretty fast, infact faster than the 2011 one. I'm uploading a YT vid, 39 minutes remaining (over 1 hour long) where I do a thorough test, I'll post a link, now about the resources usage, RAM usage is about 40 MB which is higher than the 2011 version, but the CPU usage has been dropped a lot.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
ballader1 said:
RAM usage is about 40 MB which is higher than the 2011 version, but the CPU usage has been dropped a lot.
Basically I don't care about RAM usage as unused RAM is wasted ;) but dropping CPU usage is a good news.
Still waiting for polish version of KIS 2012 which should be available in the middle of August :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.