App Review Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 Tested by rynesandbergfan23

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Go here and watch the video.
Video was uploaded on Jun 26, 2011.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Not a good day for KIS 2012.....
[attachment=555]
Like always their web filter is great but I would like to see a better use of the their Reputation System (KSN).

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    359 KB · Views: 545

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Kaspersky still needs to be "polished" !
well if have great firewall and you watch out what sites you visit and what you download, an antivirus is almost optional.

I

illumination

I just watched this, and was curious as to why he did not run a full scan with kaspersky at the end of loading the URL's, before scanning with Malwarebytes.
I tend not to judge by these videos, as you can increase protection with any suite by simply "tweaking" the settings.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
First of all KSN doesn't works properly, every file i test (infected or not) i get a today first time detected, even those that i'm sure Kaspersky has them a long time ago in their database. Just read the forum and saw that this is a common problem :dodgy:. Second and final, there are ups and downs when it comes to detection. One day you get 100% detection and the next day you can get 80%-90%. So if you already paid for it ,keep it.

I

illumination

ghost said:
First of all KSN doesn't works properly, every file i test (infected or not) i get a today first time detected, even those that i'm sure Kaspersky has them a long time ago in their database. Just read the forum and saw that this is a common problem :dodgy:. Second and final, there are ups and downs when it comes to detection. One day you get 100% detection and the next day you can get 80%-90%. So if you already paid for it ,keep it.

I am using it right now, and have no intention of getting rid of it.. Every Suite I have tested or used, in their forums, you will see problems of one form or another, you will also see malware at some point or another that has managed to get by the suite and being reported.. I have yet to see a perfect internet security suite... I agree with you 100% they have their good and bad days when it comes to testing..
My post above, I was just curious as to why he did not run a full scan with the product before scanning with on-demand scanners.. It would have been nice to see if Kaspersky could have detected them in the system through a full scan.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
I use their AV cause i don't like suites. Full scan should detect more then real-time in default settings. There are some big differences between those and you're right about it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.