Kaspersky Internet Security Review (Level 4-Good)

Product name
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014
Pros
  • -Very Good Detection
    -Very Good Protection
    -Non-Instrusive Yet Protective Firewall
CONS
-UI Freeze When I Run
-UI takes 1 minutes to startup
-Large Performance Impact
BOTTOM LINE
This product is very good at detection and protection and has a killer firewall that is intelligent, but UI issues are quite frequent. Even so, it's a good choice, although I would reccommend a product on my Chromatinfish's Choice list.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Might you share your settings? The very ones I like is what Jack did about the 2013 version (I think --how to set it up to be very effective), very nice piece with images/gif.

Nick2000

Oct 24, 2014
My personal opinion is that Kaspersky is the best. Don't even feel that its there.

Bitdefender still sux. I tried it one more time today and finally gave up. I have tried it around 5 times just cause of all the great reviews it seems to get from independent test sites, but have not been able to run it for 24 hrs without it giving me problems.

As for Emsisoft Online Armor don't touch it with a barge pole. It wont let you uninstall and when you finally find a way it will mess up your system. Stopped my internet working.

I am currently trying a combination of Kaspersky Internet Multi-Device 2015, Malwarebytes Premium, SpyShelter and Adblock plus. Have tried the combination with Symantec instead of Kaspersky. Both seem to work fine.Oh Yes and have Hitman Pro sitting behind all that with Emsisoft Emergency kit standing by. Haven't faced any slowdown in my system except maybe a bit during boot and shutdown though negligible . But once its up it runs fine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.