Battle Kaspersky IS Or Bitdefender IS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchild76

Thread author
Hello zeroday! bitdefender is very buggy , and kaspersky is heavy on resources , the bank feature of kaspersky has problems loading from time to time , but bitdfenders safepay is perfect , used bd i.s. for a few weeks and did not like the fact it put a drag to my boot time.....I have a spare b.d. antivirus plus 2013 key , also a activated fsecure 2013 key ( valid for 364 days : also uses bitdefender engine ) if you want one of these PM me :)

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
First,maybe you should try them on your PC.They are both great at detection but there are some other aspects you should consider.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Thanks for the advice and the offer starchild76 :) and thank you to Nedim. I've tested both on my PC and they both run well. The reason I'm thinking of buying a 3 user license for either Kis or Bdis is I think both require very little user intervention and I live with my mother and brother and I thought either of those suites would be perfect for them, I myself can get by with a free av But I was thinking if I'm buying a 3 user license I may as well install one myself to.

Thanks again guys.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
You're right littlebits, I thought it through for a while and decided to just use Avast! free on all the computers in the house, I maintain all the PC's anyway so I don't think I need to pay for a suite. I was just getting a little carried away with those sale prices lol.

Thanks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kaspersky IS as all the current tracks to have fine records regarding from problems in stability so if you really want to buy just go ahead unless a bit downside through web guard filter that slowdown the internet.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Remember you can (lightly) monitor each avast installation once you've connected it to your my.avast.com account.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not that I currently know of, I've had up to 4 devices without any problems or notifications.

You can check the FAQs here, https://my.avast.com/en-gb/faq

ONT209

Level 1
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
Bitdefender has higher detection rates but lacks a lot in customization for users and also lack some very basic features, I prefer Kaspersky over Bitdefender.

SlimShady

Verified
Mar 12, 2013
I never liked both but I would prefer KIS. BIS was buggy and you'd have to either Google or talk to tech support the first few hours of use while KIS though heavy, proved to be that AV that was as stable it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.