Advice Request Kaspersky plus add a second layer or leave it by it's self

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Kaspersky is a powerful antivirus program and should be able to provide adequate protection on its own. However, adding an on-demand scanner or a second layer of defense can provide an extra layer of security. It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and the level of protection you are looking for. If you do add another layer of security, be sure to select a program that doesn't conflict with Kaspersky to avoid any performance or usability issues.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
With any multi-layered solution, like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast, etc., it's better to avoid using any other real-time protection to avoid conflicts. Even if they seem to be working together there may be a hidden conflict you won't notice until it's too late. Choose one or two second opinion scanners for your tranquility of mind and run a manual scan when you feel the need.

Bill Smith

Thread author
Jun 26, 2023
With any multi-layered solution, like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast, etc., it's better to avoid using any other real-time protection to avoid conflicts. Even if they seem to be working together there may be a hidden conflict you won't notice until it's too late. Choose one or two second opinion scanners for your tranquility of mind and run a manual scan when you feel the need.
thanks for the advise

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
With any multi-layered solution, like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast, etc., it's better to avoid using any other real-time protection to avoid conflicts.
fwiw, I am running Kaspersky Standard in this win10_VM, and had been running it solo for some weeks, but I am also a long-time user of Voodooshield aka CyberLock, and I just added VS 7.44 and it seems very compatible with KS and no slowdowns either. Gives me an enhanced feeling of protection. VS is supposed to work with AV. Dan the creator of VS is on this forum and he is knowledgeable what works with what, and how VS helps with protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.