Advice Request Kaspersky Vs Kali Linux (Gigantic False Positive?)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroStrawberries

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Recently did a full system scan with Kaspersky IS, and wondered how 342 threats were undetected until now. I checked and it seems to be from the 2020.3 Kali Installer ISO. Never knew that it was this dangerous :D

Attachments

• avpui_9SOqSVxQiF.png
    avpui_9SOqSVxQiF.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 408
  • avpui_mw98k7ckrx.png
    avpui_mw98k7ckrx.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 418
  • avpui_pmjoQ3jUP8.png
    avpui_pmjoQ3jUP8.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 348
  • avpui_wrHxlmQ9sh.png
    avpui_wrHxlmQ9sh.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 347
  • avpui_wYVYeHwKKN.png
    avpui_wYVYeHwKKN.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 323
  • avpui_YwRdgZNwfY.png
    avpui_YwRdgZNwfY.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 328
  • explorer_1vT8KUTgIg.png
    explorer_1vT8KUTgIg.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 413

ZeroStrawberries

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
You may share this on their forum or contact support to be sure if the detections are correct or false positives.
Someone already reported 2020.1, and doubt that me reporting 2020.3 would do anything/take up unnecessary space and time.
Kali is full of exploiting tools, don't know why you even surprised.
I'm aware that it contains a lot of tools, but thought that it would show up as one or two warnings saying that it contains a huge amount of bad stuff, rather than showing up as 342 individual objects. I removed the file nonetheless, even if it would have been a nuisance and not an actual threat to me. If any single file shows up with a huge amount of infections(>20), then the first thought I get is that it's a false positive, considering that it's unlikely to have that many infections at the same time.

Reactions: Venustus

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Kali is full of exploiting tools, don't know why you even surprised.

Pretty much this and Kaspersky is actually reporting the individual number of objects correctly.

Considering that Kali Linux is an "Advanced Penetration Testing Linux distribution", I really dont know what is the point of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.