Battle KBRD vs. Dr. Web Live vs. Avira Rescue vs. Bit Defender Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Which one of these bootable gems do you prefer? And why do you prefer that particular one?

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
Bitdefender Rescue. I like it's interface other than the rest. I know that all of the 3 provide excellent detection but I only need one to clean an infected system (incase of infection). I will just use some on-demand scanners for the double checking the system.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I am partial to Dr. Web, but it seems that KBRD is better because you can skip the C drive scan and choose only boot sectors and users to shorten the scan time dramatically. I like that about KBRD. I have never used BitDefender. I am just now checking out Avira Rescue.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
KBRD does seem superior to the others. Bit Defender and GData seem kind of generic, or outdated. I usually have Dr. Web Live because you get the latest updates when you download the ISO. I have Linksys wireless, so until I find a way to boot optical devices (baby Linux) with networking, I cannot update KBRD from my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.