Advice Request Keep pictures on Cloud but not on phone

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Space is very precious these days. I have smartphone has 8gb space So i wanted to know that any cloud services has keeping pictures but not on my phone. When i captured a photo upload cloud service but not keep in my phone. I want all thing on cloud. Is there have any services like that or any suggestion?

Reactions: TheBlue262

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am glad you asked, my Xperia M4 Aqua has limited internal storage space of 8GB, but 4GB is occupied by Android OS and 3GB by Apps. I usually have around 1GB or less. I regularly need to clear the cache of the device to gain extra space. Also since external storage is supported, I keep my music and video files on the 8GB MicroSD card.

Download Google Photos for Android and iOS

Two Features to boast about.
  • Unlimited Free HQ Storage
    • Automatically back up all of your photos and videos. Access them on any device or on the web at photos.google.com. Your photos are safe, secure and private to you.
Your 15GB is shared among Google Mail and Drive, and only if you upload Original versions of Photos and Videos. Unlimited refers to allowing Google to compress your photos.
  • Clear Space on your Device
    • Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. In Settings, just tap “Clear device storage” – photos that are safely backed up will be removed from your device’s storage, but will still be available in Google Photos.
You can safely clear storage space by allowing Photos to detect and delete photos from your phone, they can be deleted from your phone, but still exist in the cloud. You can find all your images at Google Photos - All your photos organized and easy to find

Enes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Thanks!
I have Dropbox, when I bought Samsung S4 in that time Dropbox said 50gb free for Samsung Users so I am still using it and couldn't full it yet. :) I wrote "I have 8gb space on my phone", because samsung s4 has 16gb but system takes 8gb. LG g3 16gb has almost 9gb for users. Thats so stupid!

Firstly photo part just scares me i've uploaded many pictures on dropbox and if i delete pictures on my phone will those photos will be delete on dropbox too or Google Drive?

Secondly I think there is no app for connecting apps online not in phone space, because Worldwide internet speed cannot afford for internet quota. If internet become cheap and very commen then now It will be like skynet. Everything will on internet not harddrives or microsd.

TheBlue262

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
I personally like to use Google Drive to store my pictures. If you are worried about the picture getting deleted on the drive when you delete it on your device, you can test it and see if it will stay or get deleted.

Reactions: Enes and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.