KIS 2017 performance (First impression on my laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello! I am back after a clean install of Windows 10 Education 64 bit. I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 the trial version and I like it very much so far! At first, the update has failed many times but I managed to update KIS after several reboots. Now everything is working like a charm! The software is so light and does not make the browser so laggy unlike other solutions! I will keep posting updates to this post to share with you my opinion!

Have a nice day

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi after installing KIS 2017 do we have to disable the windows firewall service bacause I had to It disables the firewall but the windows firewall service was still set at auto ,is that normal .Thks

Reactions: JB007 and catjc

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Hi after installing KIS 2017 do we have to disable the windows firewall service bacause I had to It disables the firewall but the windows firewall service was still set at auto ,is that normal .Thks
Kaspersky should have disabled Windows Firewall by itself when installed. If it didn't then you can go into the control panel and turn it off yourself.
You may want to make sure Kaspersky's own firewall is enabled properly before doing so.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I personally would not rely on any other firewall but the windows firewall. Why use a third party firewall when you already have an advanced and reliable one integrated in the OS?

If you really need and easy and extremely light way to manage it, you can use: Windows Firewall Control
It also has notifications if you donate $10.

This is one other reason I like Avira ( right @Xsjx ? :p ), it also uses windows firewall. I really don't understand why go to the trouble of developing another one. I must be missing something here though. I used Zonealarm with XP, Vista for a while, not anymore.

Anyway, good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.