koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Hello all!

I am thinking about upgrading my rig when the newest intel core i7 (7th gen) comes uit. With a new motherboard and 2x GTX 970. Anyway, this built is keeping up for some casual gaming and a lot of PC use for school.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Buy a 1060 or 980 instead of dual card so that you won't come across the VRAM limit of 3.5GB whilst playing on 2K or 4K res with less heat and SLI issues.

Reactions: Logethica and koko

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Buy a 1060 or 980 instead of dual card so that you won't come across the VRAM limit of 3.5GB whilst playing on 2K or 4K res with less heat and SLI issues.

Noted, will look at the pricing and decide in a couple of month's! thanks for your input

Reactions: Logethica

Condor-Wingman

Level 1
Nov 6, 2016
Custom Built High-end Gaming Rig:

Processor: AMD FX 9590 8-Core 4.7GHZ,
Mainboard: ASUS Crossfire-Z Mainboard,
Memory: 32GB DDR3 RAM, \
Hard Drives: WD 500 GB HDD (O/S), WD 6TB HDD (Data)
Optical Drives: Sony BD-ROM, LG BD-RE
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 970 4GB Discreet Graphics Card
Audio: ASUS On-board Digital Surround Sound,
TV Tuner: Hauppague WinTV Tuner
Network Card: ASUS 802.11 AC Internal Wireless Network Card
O/S: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Anniversary Edition

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Just upgraded my details with my new build from christmas :)

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Amazing, thanks for sharing the upgrades!!! Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X <--- How is the red camp doing in regards to drivers?

Actually, doing pretty great. Don't have any issues :) (in my opinion) (almost) Frequent updates. So happy me ;)

Reactions: Svoll

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Thats bummer, What card do you have ?

GTX 970 SLI on 376.48, BF1 is still choppy in or out of SLI mode, especially on St. Quentin Scar map, overall just very buggy and choppy gameplay even on older titles like witcher 3. Had to revert back to 369.89 but unable to play BF1 and other newer titles but I get no BSOD, choppy FPS, or dark puddles or artifacts on the older driver.

Will most likely look into an ATI/AMD GPU, been waiting for the R9 380x to go on sale =P

Reactions: koko

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
GTX 970 SLI on 376.48, BF1 is still choppy in or out of SLI mode, especially on St. Quentin Scar map, overall just very buggy and choppy gameplay even on older titles like witcher 3. Had to revert back to 369.89 but unable to play BF1 and other newer titles but I get no BSOD, choppy FPS, or dark puddles or artifacts on the older driver.

Will most likely look into an ATI/AMD GPU, been waiting for the R9 380x to go on sale =P

Well, I choose no sides, I have had both brands, and both have it strenghts and it's flaws. But lot's of pleasure when you get it ;)

Reactions: Svoll

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.