Media Player: VideoLAN (VLC)
System Optimizer: Wise Care 365
Cleaner: CCleaner & Built-in cleaner
Java: No
Flash: No
Silverlight: No
Password Manager: KeePassX
Web Browser: Google Chrome, Opera
Browser Extensions: HTTPS Everywhere, Web of Trust, Lightshot, Adguard, The Great Suspender, ZenMate
Sandbox: Sandboxie
Process Monitor: Process Hacker 2
Disk Defrag: Auslogics Disk Defrag Free
Virtualization: VMware Workstation 11
File Archivers: 7-Zip
DNS Server: Norton ConnectSafe
Program Updater: FileHippo Update Manager
Crypto-Malware Prevention: CryptoPrevent

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update to Windows 7 SP1 - MORE INFORMATION

Reasons to Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit:
  1. Kaspersky includes Anti-Exploit Protection (AEP) and can be said to be effective (based on Security Testing Labs reports).
  2. Basic Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit protection will only protect your Browser and Java. I can see you have Sandboxie and you haven't Java installed, which makes MBAE redundant.
  3. Keeping all other software updated, will reduce the chances of an exploit. For example, running the latest version of VideoLAN VLC Player and without it's plug-in.
You have PeerBlock, MVP HOSTS and Unchecky, making Brightford (Javacool) SpywareBlaster redundant also.

Web of Trust is only needed, if you cannot make your own judgement calls on any particular website.

Korora

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
@Korora Thanks for using Crystal Security. I hope you like it. :)

You can find feedback about program from here. If you need help then feel free to let me know anytime.

Your config is strong. :)

Regards,
Kardo

No problem, I've use Crystal Security for about 5 months now, no issues at all and runs perfect!

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Korora

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
Update to Windows 7 SP1 - MORE INFORMATION

Reasons to Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit:
  1. Kaspersky includes Anti-Exploit Protection (AEP) and can be said to be effective (based on Security Testing Labs reports).
  2. Basic Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit protection will only protect your Browser and Java. I can see you have Sandboxie and you haven't Java installed, which makes MBAE redundant.
  3. Keeping all other software updated, will reduce the chances of an exploit. For example, running the latest version of VideoLAN VLC Player and without it's plug-in.
You have PeerBlock, MVP HOSTS and Unchecky, making Brightford (Javacool) SpywareBlaster redundant also.

Web of Trust is only needed, if you cannot make your own judgement calls on any particular website.

PeerBlock is something I am going to remove because I don't find it useful, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is something that I installed awhile ago but never made the decision to remove or not.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Nice config. Better let go of those redundant apps, anyway it's your call :)

Korora

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
I have removed Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and PeerBlock from my configuration.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's pretty sum for your configuration which is totally good! ;)

Just consider a convenience to take snapshots of your system in case of problems by using system image backup or Time Machine like from Toolwiz.

H

hjlbx

Why use Kaspersky Total Security - which has very solid built-in firewall, but disable it to use Windows Firewall Control ?

Are you running Kaspersky firewall along side Windows firewall ?

If that be the case, it is a really bad idea...

Reactions: Ink

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello, it is a good config and it seems very solid and completed, only a thing: I suggest you to install MPC-HC instead of VLC, because it's faster and lighter.
Thanks for sharing it ;)

Reactions: frogboy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have removed Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and PeerBlock from my configuration.
Any information in regards to installing Service Pack 1 for Windows 7? It will also make you eligible for the Get Windows 10 Upgrade, if you wish to switch OS.

Korora

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
Any information in regards to installing Service Pack 1 for Windows 7? It will also make you eligible for the Get Windows 10 Upgrade, if you wish to switch OS.

Forgot to mention that it's already installed :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
The most clean and neat config i've seen other than Mr.Xidus's

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.