Basic Security Kubla's Hybrid Security Config 2018

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Custom backups include:
Weekly (deferential) to external hard drive.
On system shut down/reboot (incremental) to mirrored SSD’s

I call this a hybrid because I am using a signature-less AI based and signature base AV's simultaneously which was not my original intention.

I wanted to migrate to a signature-less AI based configuration and I admit was envious of Cyberghost's, I bought a Cylance Protect license to test it out. I planned to run it with Hitman Pro Alert and Hiemdal Pro

However after running it for a while and having virtually no user control in Cylance's dashboard, I can't even white list or wave apps and not hearing back from Malware Managed where I bought it for elevated rights to do so even after e-mailing their support multiple times. Then finding when I run the ELCAR tests here Feature Settings Check for Desktop Solutions » AMTSO it only stops #4 and #6, and does nothing here Test Malware! I figured I better put something underneath it to be safe.

I wanted to use Emsisoft but half my starting apps would not load, then I tried Sophos Home but the virus scanner would not scan anything, just sit there. Then I tried ESET NOD32 and it has been working flawlessly with Cylance.

Now what I have is overkill but at least runs smooth on my system.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Wow, Nothing to add ! You are Protected. Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.