Advanced Plus Security LDogg Rugged Laptop Config (2019)

Last updated
Nov 2, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Software:
  • F-Secure Safe v17.7 (1 year license)
  • Kerish Doctor 2019
Web Browser (Brave): F-Secure Browsing Protection
Web Browser (Edge):
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
NVT Syshardener (LDogg settings)
Periodic malware scanners
Comodo Cleaning Essentials - Killswitch which is like task manager, usage on a weekly basis
NPE - when needed for a scan
Malwarebytes - when needed
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave:
Scriptsafe - Unwanted content, blocking of scripts on websites
Nano Adblocker - Filterlists via screenshot: Screenshot
Poper Blocker - Primarily for successful blockage of Pop Ups
Authy - For 2 Factor authentication
F-Secure Browsing Protection - blocks phishing, malware & others

Edge:
Nano Adblocker - Filterlist is same as previous screenshot
McAfee SiteAdvisor - Blocks malware, viruses and various other features
Maintenance tools
Virtual DJ - my job as a DJ
Seed4Me - 1 Year Plan for VPN
Vuze - for torrent downloads as some music I purchase also has Torrent dl's
Kerish Doctor 2019: A lot of tools to mention xD
NVT Connections Viewer - self explanatory
Wise Care 365 v5.2.7 - Scheduled weekly cleans
Syshardener (Portable) - self explanatory
Revo Uninstaller Pro - self explanatory
7-Zip - self explanatory
File and Photo backup
Exiland Backup Standard &
Aomei Backupper Professional (v4.6.2)

• Backed up via USB & HD
  • Also on volume
  • Daily backups of critical folders
System recovery
Macrium Reflect
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
Brand/Model: Panasonic CF-52PFN32PE Toughbook
CPU: Intel Core i5 M 420, 2.40GHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM; 4GB
SDD: 250GB
GPU: n/a

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I highly recommend using this extension to cleanup browser's caches on browser startup
not sure if it's 100% compatible with Brave but it's compatible with chrome, coc coc and chromium at least for me

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I highly recommend using this extension to cleanup browser's caches on browser startup
not sure if it's 100% compatible with Brave but it's compatible with chrome, coc coc and chromium at least for me
Is the, what use, and it goes perfect.(y)

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I've used this before on Opera. For this browser, I don't need it as on browser exit every gets cleaned with the in-built features in Brave, works very well as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Updated: 16/11/2019

Removed: Bitdefender Total Security 2020
- resource hog, limited license
Zemana - had to remove due to incompatibility with F-Secure

Installed: F-Secure Safe 17.7
Malwarebytes - On demand scanner to replace Zemana

Firewall has now defaulted back to WFW, no sure if I like this at all, cannot install Tinywall due to .msi extension being blocked. Not sure if anything would be compatible with F-Secure. Have some rules with Syshardener.

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Firewall has now defaulted back to WFW, no sure if I like this at all, cannot install Tinywall due to .msi extension being blocked. Not sure if anything would be compatible with F-Secure. Have some rules with Syshardener.

You could use @Andy Ful 's Firewall Hardening Tool which I believe has more rules. Get the stand-alone tool here Hard_Configurator — Download

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Reckon this would be an ideal replacement instead of Tinywall? For some reason I cannot install .msi files.

~LDogg

Are you on 1909? It's possible that .msi files may not install because TW needs an update. It needed one with 1903. Outbound connections are not blocked by default with FWHT, but it blocks more abused processes than SysHardener. If you want a TW replacement, then WFC is the choice. Otherwise TW 2.9.xx Beta or Simplewall, both of which are built on WFP.

BTW: I used TW on 1903 and I had a couple of small issues with re: installs of certain programs. It was quirky, so I ditched it in favor of WF + FWHT.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Are you on 1909? It's possible that .msi files may not install because TW needs an update. It needed one with 1903. Outbound connections are not blocked by default with FWHT, but it blocks more abused processes than SysHardener. If you want a TW replacement, then WFC is the choice. Otherwise TW 2.9.xx Beta or Simplewall, both of which are built on WFP.

BTW: I used TW on 1903 and I had a couple of small issues with re: installs of certain programs. It was quirky, so I ditched it in favor of WF + FWHT.
I'm still on 1903 atm, so not sure if I need to get a beta version of tinywall at all, whilst also not being sure it's a good companion with F-Secure. Will have a look.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.