Life and Immortality

jogs

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Every kind of life on this planet starts from just a single cell. A single cell divides and divides and divides to form a full life form. So, this single first cell holds all the information that it needs to transform itself to a whole living being. Apart from that it also has all the bio-chemicals needed for this kind of transformation. Also, it has to undertake the whole physical process to transform itself. So, a single cell grows to form a whole body then it starts to grow in size and at a point it stops growing and starts to weather away and in the end it dies. But at the time when all the growth stops still there are some body parts that don't stop to grow like the hair and the nails. This means that some kind of information tells the body to stop growing. May be the first cell always remains in the body and it regulates everything. So, what if this information could be hacked like telling your body not to stop growing, like telling it to put new cells inplace of those that have died. Our skin actually does that and it could be done to the whole of the body. That means we won't get old and we will never die.
Actually living beings die because they need to give way to a new generation, its just like you throw away your old phone when you get a new one. But we die and get recycled giving way to a slightly better new generation. This new generation is not better physically but its information is a little bit advanced than their previous generation. We are actually some kind of robots build by some kind of Aliens. Robots that are self sufficient that is they can make their own energy using things (food ) from their surrounding. Also, we are self replicating, we create nearly identical replicas of our selves without any outside intervention.
So, death is not the ultimate truth. Immortality is achievable, we just need to tweak some settings.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
very Interesting points of view @jogs :)

The quest for Immortality has fascinated mankind for thousands of years,and "Immortality" itself has been defined in numerous different ways by numerous different cultures and belief systems..
A large percentage of the World population believe in either "life after death" or "reincarnation" .
Immortality in terms of the continuation of the primary biological entity would be a massive achievement for a Human,but whether it is potentially possible or not is difficult to say,I think.

There are examples of a kind of "Immortality" in nature,such as the Immortal Jellyfish (Turritopsis dohrnii) which can revert to the polyp stage when old or injured,and this can happen indefinitely.

As far as "Human Immortality" is concerned there is very Interesting research regarding the telomeres at the end of our chromosomes.These telomeres (which look a little like frayed shoe-laces) protect the end of the chromosomes and shorten over the period of our lifespan.Telomere shortening is associated with aging and mortality.
In 2003, Richard Cawthon discovered that those with longer telomeres lead longer lives than those with short telomeres.
Research into factors that can prematurely shorten or re-lengthen these telomeres is ongoing.

If we should ever achieve biological Immortality it will,in my opinion,be more of a negative than a positive.
The current Global Population is approx 7.4 Billion,and is estimated to be over 11 Billion by the year 2100.
Whether there will be enough natural resources to sustain this population increase is highly unlikely,and if Science unlocked the key to human biological Immortality then the outlook would be catastrophic..
It would be likely that the powerful/wealthy would be prioritised to benefit,and if this wasn't the case then there is a high probability that most of the World population would be at war as they fight over ownership of food,water,shelter etc..

Last edited:

jogs

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Thats the reason that we die off. If old generation lives along with the new ones then the world will get cluttered. But there are exceptions and I think there have always been some people around the world who have been able to live for very long periods of life, though we may never come across them and they will never tell us.
Also, may be we will soon come face to face with our creators, because it has been mentioned every where in the past that in the time of crisis humanity has been helped. And now we are in great crisis, i.e. pollution, terrorism, war and potential nuclear war can wipe us altogether. I think this is the right time for us to be saved.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
My personal opinion is that there is not a "reason" as to why we die other than that all biological matter degrades over time.
If there is a deliberate mechanism in place that governs the duration of our life-span in reaction to environmental factors & Human population figures then I would expect to see our life-span increase when Human population figures were lowest and decrease when the level of our population threatens to overtake the availability of natural resources to support it...and this is not the case.
If you are right about us being "created" then now would certainly be a good time for those "creators" to reconnect with us :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not here to bring religion based at all here's my view based on numerous sources. So trying to be accurate as possible.

Yes life started through those cells and other particles however everything is created by Supreme Creator.

• The Supreme Creator knows already our life what will happen at all even though we are not yet born from the first place.
  • We create our own ways because we want it too, so trials, obstacles and challenges are already part of the life.
  • However because of massive technology and lots of shortcuts, our life span is shorten compare way back on the history where life can took long for 10,000 years above.
  • No matter how many achievements you have, once a person die; everything cannot be transferable nor attach cause it's purely objects only.

jogs

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Different persons have different views, there's nothing wrong in it and we should respect everybody's view.Thanks to everyone here who have shared their views. Without different kinds of views the world will not be able to progress.:)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
For me, be immortal, in the same body, would be like to have the same car without any evolution and changes possibles (I mean evolution, adaptation, etc).

=> The procreation allows the evolution of body

Mind change / bodies change / Earth change.

I think our bodies are like a car, and that what we name "death", is only a step.

Laugh is important because there is tear :

=> Life is so important because there is Death.

But why not to change our actual bodies by immortal bodies ?

=> because a whole human is not only its material part

=> and I think that what its spiritual part wants and needs is certainly not the immortality of the body and visible actual "personality"​

Last edited:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
The thought of immortality is a spontaneous thought, which is almost inevitable in spite of the fact that we can think about it as wish or as hope, because if there is death then there will be the desire to go beyond death.

If we are also spirit, and the spirit is immortal, then we are immortal.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Cancer cells are immortal, biologically speaking. They are the cells that lost the function (written in DNA) of apoptosis (killing itself). Or you take out the cell and destroy it's tumor suppressor genes. Some animals, like Turitopsis jellyfish are also biologically immortal.

jogs

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have more interesting things regarding our life and presence of Aliens in our planet. I will create another thread for that, as it is not directly related to this one. Later on I will also share some of my so called paranormal experiences (I don't call them paranormal, the reason I will reveal later). I am doing some work in this field (not anything formally), I hope my friends here don't mind.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I believe the soul/spirit whatever you want to call it is immortal!
From the First Law of Thermodynamics:
In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant—it is said to be conserved over time.[1] Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What a nice subject to speak about.. As well as many here i believe on a spirit or soul, and i believe it's energy. Aforementioned, energy can't be destroyed, it only transforms. I've always spoke about this as an evolution. Since energy (souls, spirit) can't die, the physical death of our bodies is nothing but freedom for this energy. Since it's not physically limited anymore, energy can evolve and transform, what would take us to, what i believe, is the next life.
Actually, i do believe energy keeps evoling a little bit every second that goes by, and a human body is capable of holding a limited amount of energy, since it's material. I stick to the thought that immortality itself on humans can never be achieved, since the body itself is uncapable of holding so much energy. With this being said, i do believe some other species, spiritless may achieve it, some of them already have. But when it comes to humans, i believe, unless they find a way to eradicate energy/spirit/soul from theirselves, it's kind of impossible.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.