Windows Edition
Pro
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Norton Security Premium (paid - latest release), VoodooShield Premium (paid - latest release)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser (NPE), Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK), Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Paid - real time disabled), AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes, Zemana Antilogger Premium (paid - latest release)
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox: HTTPS Everywhere, AdGuard AdBlocker, Windscribe VPN, and NoScript
Maintenance tools
  1. 7-Zip (latest stable - free)
  2. Adguard Premium (paid - latest release - lifetime license)
  3. AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Pro Edition (paid - latest stable - lifetime license)
  4. AOMEI Parition Assistant Pro Edition (paid - latest stable - lifetime license)
  5. GlassWire Elite (paid - latest release/stable)
  6. Hard Disk Sentinel Pro (paid - latest release - lifetime license)
  7. Glary Utilities PRO (paid and latest release)
  8. VMware Workstation Pro 15 (paid - latest release - perpetual license for v15)
  9. Windscribe Pro (paid - latest release - lifetime license)
  10. Macrium Reflect Free (free - latest release)
  11. viBoot from Macrium Reflect (free - latest stable)
  12. AOMEI Backupper Pro (paid - latest release)
  13. Acronis True Image 2020 (paid and latest release - perpetual license for v2020)
  14. Shadow Defender [Lifetime License/Latest Release]
  15. Sandboxie (paid and latest release)
  16. Windows Repair from Tweaking.com (Free)
  17. BleachBit (Portable & Free)
  18. Zemana AntiMalware (Portable & Free)
  19. Revo Uninstaller v4 (Pro Portable - Paid - Paid for 2 years of updates!)
  20. Malwarebytes JRT (Portable & Free & Discontinued [still good for finding nasty stuff, but the end of life was April 26, 2018])
  21. SecureMyBit DHScan
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free (free - latest stable), AOMEI Backupper Pro (paid and latest stable), Acronis True Image 2019 (paid and latest release)
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free (free - latest stable), AOMEI Backupper Pro (paid and latest stable), Acronis True Image 2019 (paid and latest release)
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Custom build!

CPU - Intel i7-8700k CPU @ 3.70 GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 @ 8 GB GDDR5X
RAM - 48 GB DDR4 - 47.8 GB Usable!
SSD - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E500BW)
HDD - WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD2003FZEX
Notes by Staff Team

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
I'm looking to add RansomOff to my config as it has some powerful anti ransomware capability.
Avoid it and stay with the quality and well known software. If you like playing with various programs, I'd suggest to do it in Virtual Machine to keep your main host bloat free even if you don't see any performance impact on your PC, and just do regular backups, in case some incompatibility hits when you update your software list or Windows cumulatives brake things up.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm moving ZAL into the on-demand and as needed department. No need to have ZAL always on and protecting my computer any more. @JM Safe Do you have any updates on when ZAL will get overhauled bro?

Formal notice: I may be moving away from Norton and going with Bitdefender Family Pack fairly soon. Norton is really great in some aspects, but I'm not liking the shakeups that are going on with the company at the present time :sick::confused::censored:(n)(n). We shall see what happens with Norton in the coming months. I have quite a few years worth of "Free" and "Free After Mail In Rebate" licenses of Norton Premium 10 lic. keys. :emoji_disappointed:

VDS will remain in the "active" department, but I don't always have it "activated" in the since of real time - more or less 60-40% here. Dan has done some great work on that software and I totally support him. Dan's the man!

@davisd @harlan4096 I'll avoid RansomOff for now. I may test it in my VM as I always do with my software before making any firm decisions. For now though, it seems like it is too unstable at the present time with W10. Windows 7 SP1 seems to work perfect, but W7 SP1 is dead come Jan. 2020 anywho.

@JM Safe Hope yall get ZAL a much needed boost into the 3.0 latest gen times again! I want to make use of those ZAL lifetime licenses I got bro. Keep up the great work yall are doing!

Thanks all for the insight. That is all for now.

~Brian

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Fair enough my friend, cheers for the reasoning for your products. :)

~LDogg

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I'm moving ZAL into the on-demand and as needed department. No need to have ZAL always on and protecting my computer any more. @JM Safe Do you have any updates on when ZAL will get overhauled bro?

Formal notice: I may be moving away from Norton and going with Bitdefender Family Pack fairly soon. Norton is really great in some aspects, but I'm not liking the shakeups that are going on with the company at the present time :sick::confused::censored:(n)(n). We shall see what happens with Norton in the coming months. I have quite a few years worth of "Free" and "Free After Mail In Rebate" licenses of Norton Premium 10 lic. keys. :emoji_disappointed:

VDS will remain in the "active" department, but I don't always have it "activated" in the since of real time - more or less 60-40% here. Dan has done some great work on that software and I totally support him. Dan's the man!

@davisd @harlan4096 I'll avoid RansomOff for now. I may test it in my VM as I always do with my software before making any firm decisions. For now though, it seems like it is too unstable at the present time with W10. Windows 7 SP1 seems to work perfect, but W7 SP1 is dead come Jan. 2020 anywho.

@JM Safe Hope yall get ZAL a much needed boost into the 3.0 latest gen times again! I want to make use of those ZAL lifetime licenses I got bro. Keep up the great work yall are doing!

Thanks all for the insight. That is all for now.

~Brian
Hello @Lightning_Brian , currently we don't have any plans about ZAL but we could incorporate ZAL features in ZAM in the future.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Changes:
  • Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (OS) to v1909
Notable Software Updates:
  • VMware Workstation Pro 15 to build 15.5.1 build-15018445 (released 11-12-2019)
  • AOMEI Backupper Professional to version 5.3 (released 10-09-19)
  • AOMEI Partition Assistant to version 8.5 (released 10-31-19)
  • GlassWire Elite to version 2.1.167 (released 10-10-19)
  • Revo Uninstaller v4 Pro Portable (tech. license) to version 4.2.1 (released 10-10-2019
  • Glary Utilities PRO to version 5.131.0.157 (released 11-11-19)
  • RoboForm for Business (highly secure and locked down) to version 8.6.2 (released 10-17-19)
  • StickyPassword to build 8.2.3.24 (released 10-9-19)
  • Windows Repair from Tweaking.com (Free)- to version 4.7.0 (11-14-19)
  • VoodooShield to version 5.04 (released 11-11-19)
  • AdGuard to version 7.2.2936 (released 9-19-19)
Many more updates to my software, but those are the most notable that I wanted to put down for the change log here at MT.

Major Upgrade:
  • Acronis True Image 2020 (paid and latest release - perpetual license for v2020)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.