Linux Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
+1 and i know that some of us are slowly switching from Windows to Linux definitely , a concentrated place where all linux stuff will be accessible right away and easily will be a good addition to the forum.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
That's a terrific idea!:) In fact, I'd <clicked> on this thread thinking by it's very title that I was about to stumble upon some more exciting Linux Distro options alla illumination!;):D ..which was definitely half correct, and is also very cool!:cool:
My vote (should it count) is a resounding Yes!!;)

BTW, illumination & Umbra Polaris, you each look very cool wearing your white on black avatars as though you've just stepped out of one of the popular "Men in Black" films.:cool::D

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
We don't even have a dedicated Windows section. All Operating Systems are together in one forum. If we divided the Operating Systems into sub-forums then we would also have to include Mac and Android sections besides of a Windows section.

Another simple solution would be to create a dedicated Linux thread with tips, links, recommended software, etc.
I'm sure we have more Android members than Linux members since Android is everywhere now.

It is a good idea however if we have enough knowledgeable Linux members who would contribute, if not the section would be basically dead. We are open to suggestions on how to get this started the right way to see where it may go.

Enjoy!! :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
it will be quite complicated to put all topics in one thread, because Linux is more complicated than windows ; we will have to talk about:

- security : yes we have some issues too :p
- hardware: Linux is not like windows, and some issues happen too , especially lack of drivers
- configuration: setting up each distro (not adding windows manager & desktops) is different matter.
- basic usage : everybody know how to use Windows basic procedures, we can't say the same about Linux
- softwares: where and how to get them

etc...etc...etc...

i think it will quite hard to put all this in one thread. :D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
There are already thread prefixes for the OS forum...
1.jpg
121.jpg

I can create sub-forum for the sub-forum...but won't that get confusing?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i dont think so, we can then gather all Linux thread in one place (even Android too, since it is Linux); for example:

All Software > OS > Linux & Android

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.