Troubleshoot Liveappsearch on my android

Kasey

Thread author
Feb 5, 2017
I just searched my system apps with no success of finding this. I searched Google and there's no info on this. I need help.

Kasey

Thread author
Feb 5, 2017
Thank u. I tried that already. I also stopped notifications from a few apps I recently downloaded to see if that will help me narrow down my search for where it is. I will see in the next couple of days if I stop getting notifications. I will try the antivirus you suggested.

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Thank u. I tried that already. I also stopped notifications from a few apps I recently downloaded to see if that will help me narrow down my search for where it is. I will see in the next couple of days if I stop getting notifications. I will try the antivirus you suggested.
I would just use it for a one-time scan and then remove it if you'd like. I don't use it for real-time protection, just for spot-checking. It has the highest definitions of Android malware and will find anything Avast didn't.

Keep us updated.

Kasey

Thread author
Feb 5, 2017
I would just use it for a one-time scan and then remove it if you'd like. I don't use it for real-time protection, just for spot-checking. It has the highest definitions of Android malware and will find anything Avast didn't.

Keep us updated.
Thanks it says no infections. I guess I'll just wait for my process of illumination on turning off notifications on a few apps at a time for now.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Did you download the app from Playstore or outside? Also what phone you're using?
Also look inside Device Administrator settings. Its under Settings>Security option. If there's an unknown app, turn off admin privilege for it.

Last edited:

Kasey

Thread author
Feb 5, 2017
I downloaded from play store. I am using a lg Stylo 2. Thanks for the help. I went to settings>security>app usage access. Only 1 app had the on option chosen (which is 1 of the apps I suspected). I turned it off. I also stopped receiving notifications from liveappsearch when I turned off notifications for this app. I'm confident this is the app causing me problems. Now I just need to know should I just uninstall the app or is there other steps to removing it. I'm not really sure what I'm actually dealing with. Malware or something else. I know from my very little experience with "spyware" many years ago that I want it off my phone whatever it may be. Thanks so much for everyone's quick responses trying to help.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I'm glad you're able to solve one problem. Also look into device administrator and accessibility settings. If that app is there as well, turn it off. If the app is hiding itself, then this might help unhide it and let you uninstall it.
Also report app to google. Playstore is usually safe but rogue apps appear there often. Google need better quality control.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.