Looking for a decent external HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 1, 2014
I had a seagate backup plus and just today when I connected it to my computer, I found out that it failed (luckily my files were stored in the cloud)..im now looking for a new external HDD to quickly access my files and store my system images in. I'm not getting a seagate HDD again though. I heard that WD and hitachi are good?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BlakeR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 1, 2014

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Is it reliable? because I don't want an HDD with a high failure rate (my seagate only lasted for a little over a year)

Yes it is reliable. the enclose is built to protect it from shock. So you are best protected from shock.

But you also need to take care of it because hard disks are very vulnerable to damage by shocks. You should make sure that hard disk gets least shock while traveling.

Also try to not let it go through power failure. That is one of the main cause of hard disk failure.

Do not cover hard disk while it in use, so that the heat generated is able to dissipate properly.

Reactions: BlakeR
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.