Lord Baldy's bald configuration

Lord Baldy

Thread author
Apr 20, 2014
Ok, that's my first attempt so if i've done something out of kilter then please feel free to let me know!

Tsk! You never had all this fuss when i was using tape decks to load software! :)

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Good config... For backup you should atleast use some cloud based services like dropbox/google drive to backup your documents and pictures. Why do you need ghostery, disconnect and donottrackme ? All does the same. Just use any one(ghostery will be my choice) and remove others, it will free up some memory and you will have a smooth browsing experience.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Looks good. Just do something about the backup. Prevention is better than cure ;) And listen to our Kaptain.... He's right :D:p

Last edited:
Reactions: KaptainBug

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your config.
...ghostery, disconnect and donottrackme ...All does the same. Just use any on,e(ghostery will be my choice) and remove others, it will free up some memory and you will have a smooth browsing experience.
Kaptain.., I've thought Disconnect & Ghostery to be similar, & go back & forth between the 2 (always wondered about management of cookies..), but isn't donottrackme similar to Zenmate?

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for sharing your config.

Kaptain.., I've thought Disconnect & Ghostery to be similar, & go back & forth between the 2 (always wondered about management of cookies..), but isn't donottrackme similar to Zenmate?
DoNotTrackMe from Abine is a privacy tool which will block third party cookies from spying. It now also includes MaskMe, which will mask your emails when you subscribe for newsletters with a fake email, and anytime you want to unsubscribe from spams/newsletters you just have to remove the fake email under your account. So your personal email id is never given to anyone and stays private.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Lord Baldy, Belarc Advisor, How do you like it? Any con's that you can think of with software? Thanks!:)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Olone armor has made me annoyed very much now.. It keeps asking me to allow changes everytime i uninstall software... I've been clicking allow for about 1 hr now.

Really i love to know thinks happening in my pc thats why i love those notifications.

ams963

Level 1
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
I would suggest removing SUPERantispyware Pro, Ghostery, Disconnect and Spybot. I would suggest you add Hitman Pro as on-demand scanner, Macrium Reflect or Drive Snapshot or both and cloud storage services like OneDrive or Box or Shared for comprehensive backup strategy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.