App Review Malwarebytes 3.6.1 vs Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Good video, but I can't tell from this video whether Malwarebytes was now good or average.

The Malware Hub compares the security solutions, but here Juan Diaz shows only one product and I don't know if other products would do the same or worse.

EDIT: @spaceoctopus I've changed my post, thank you very much.

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
@askalan It's not ME doing the video, credits goes to Juan Diaz and his/her channel on youtube ;)

One thing is to do comparisons among products to see how they perform and compare to each other.
Another is simply to see how a product performs with some selected malwares, whether it's to show the efficiency of the product or just for fun.

It is the latest version of Malwarebytes and according to the Ransomwares tested in the video, it did a very good job, protecting against any single one of them. This does not mean that it is some kind of BEST product. And it applies to any other products as well. Whether you like MB or not, the results are there.

It depends concerning Windows Defender or Microsoft security Essential. MB can be used as your main protection OR as a complementary product.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
@askalan It's not ME doing the video, credits goes to Juan Diaz and his/her channel on youtube ;)

One thing is to do comparisons among products to see how they perform and compare to each other.
Another is simply to see how a product performs with some selected malwares, whether it's to show the efficiency of the product or just for fun.

It is the latest version of Malwarebytes and according to the Ransomwares tested in the video, it did a very good job, protecting against any single one of them. This does not mean that it is some kind of BEST product. And it applies to any other products as well. Whether you like MB or not, the results are there.

It depends concerning Windows Defender or Microsoft security Essential. MB can be used as your main protection OR as a complementary product.
The videos will be done by both of us.
He is a friend of mine. Soon he will be a member here. Quite busy with his studies as of now ..)
This video is done by him. !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.