App Review Malwarebytes 4.1 Test Vs Malware (TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Unfair, he can't change the script even if the engine has some issues, it's like changing methodology in the middle of a contest just to favor a competitor.

And the others AVs who may have been disadvantaged? He asked ever vendor how each engine works?

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
Malwarebytes has improved so much from the first time 4.0 was released they have new engines and they have advanced over the past 8 months. Malwarebytes is a very capable company not sure why so many try and shoot them down in my opinion they are still pretty new to the full security suite world they are doing pretty well considering... Remember how long it took windows defender to be where it is today?????? Malwarebytes isn't doing bad...

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Remember how long it took windows defender to be where it is today?????? Malwarebytes isn't doing bad...
Yes, but, WD has gone from just bad anti-spyware on win7 to "good" or fair on Win10 And it has become an antimalware, AND malwarebytes, it was great and turned bad.
I don't know what it will be like now, but they may have improved it, we will have to try.:)

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
They are starting to do things right and it's showing the next version will be perfected IMO... And on par with kaspersky.

Reactions: Moonhorse

GenioRack

Aug 9, 2020
This is the worrying thing about malwarebytes. In all the forums I see he puts money on advertising, and on certain people. They have created the feeling that they are infallible. But they are not. Many people believe this fallacy. And with the lie of potentially unwanted programs they remove legitimate software. Nobody seems to mind this. But it is reality. Auslogic, wise, ashampoo, etc suffer this injustice.

Reactions: Nevi

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Finally got a chance to watch this. I’m actually surprised, and glad MB is improving as they work on MB4. I don’t have a problem with the script being changed as it is only changing when it counts a block. Though maybe other AVs might have similar issues and would improve with this change as well. This is definitely an encouraging look at MB, that’s for sure.

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
Finally got a chance to watch this. I’m actually surprised, and glad MB is improving as they work on MB4. I don’t have a problem with the script being changed as it is only changing when it counts a block. Though maybe other AVs might have similar issues and would improve with this change as well. This is definitely an encouraging look at MB, that’s for sure.
give it a try you won't be disappointed.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I'm not a fan of the automation used to execute the samples with this channel's tests. It's an interesting approach but Malwarebytes has always been an accompanying product to go alongside your AV. Anyway, interesting to watch but I take results with a pinch of salt.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I will see the video later, but it seems that Malwarebytes had a nice result, anyway I have to say that it is a product that performs much better than people and AV testers give credits for.

The reason for that is because of the present malware landscape, mainly PUPs, fake extensions, ransomware, malvertising, exploits; all of those threats are handled with efficiency by Malwarebytes 4, sometimes much better than big players.

Is it worth the price or the system resources? Is it enough to be used alone? Is it better than lets say Kaspersky?

I think the answer for all those questions are a big NO, but it is still a nice product that makes my web browsing experience much more comfortable; personally I like to run it with all its modules disabled, except for Web Protection, along with Microsoft Defender.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.