Paul Lee

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.1.1010

New Features:
• Scans may now be set to run as lower priority processes to improve multi-tasking under Advanced Settings
• Added support for keyboard navigation of user interface
• Added support for JAWS and Windows Narrator screenreaders

Improvements:

• Malwarebytes Chameleon enhanced to be more effective against active malware infections in getting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running
• Notification for outdated databases now configured to 7 days by default rather than 1 per user feedback
• All scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now create an entry in protection logs
• Failed update checks are now logged in protection logs
• Updating Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should now function even when the Scan tab is awaiting action from the user
• Support for scanning encrypted drives improved when rootkit scanning is enabled

Issues Fixed:

• Google Chrome users should no longer experience Malwarebytes Anti-Malware getting stuck or hanging during heuristics scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
• Scans should no longer hang during filesystem objects scan on some systems
• Several crashes in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fixed
• Runtime errors during installation or upgrade of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer occur
• Rootkit scanning should no longer flag sectors on non-system volumes as forged when those volumes are encrypted
• Rootkit scanning should now work properly on Bitlocker encrypted drives
• Scanning TruCrypt encrypted system volumes with rootkit scanning disabled no longer results in the filesystem not being scanned
• Issue with repairing rootkit infected drivers on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 fixed
• BSOD when using Driver Verifier software on a system running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fixed
• BSOD when using Boxcryptor software fixed
• BSOD when using Malwarebytes Chameleon or self-protection in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware under certain conditions fixed
• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer crash when using the "Copy to Clipboard" function under certain circumstances
• Dashboard banner text should now reflect language changes in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware instantly
• Several issues with tray notifications fixed
• Display problems with some languages fixed
• Malware Exclusions and Web Exclusions should no longer display duplicate entries following database updates
• Occasional crash of MBAM Service when upgrading from version 1.75 of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer occur
• Several issues with the right-click "Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" function fixed
• Several problems with access policies fixed
• Several UI performance issues fixed
• Several UI and user experience enhancements implemented
• More than one Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tray icon should no longer be displayed on system start under some circumstances
• Issue with Malicious Website Protection not enabling after install under some circumstances on Windows Vista fixed
• Minor display issues with tables within the UI fixed

Update isn't live on their website yet. it's delivered within the database update. Simply click on the "Update now" button. :)

M

MalwareT

I would like to see disinfection feature against more stronger and powerful infections like W32.Sality etc. And Malwarebytes rescue disk would be awesome piece to own :)

Reactions: Kent and Paul Lee

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

I just want to know if their detection and protection rates have increase? For example below:

Paul Lee

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Salutations,

I just want to know if their detection and protection rates have increase? For example below:

Well, first of all we have to take into consideration that Malwarebytes is not a full sledged antivirus product. Although it has real-time protection for the premium version, it is simply not good enough to take on 0-day malware. On the other hand, it is especially good at removing malware that is on a system as can be seen here. I would not base my opinion on Malwarebytes based on its detection rate but by its ability to remove malware that lurks on a system. So in conclusion, no. their detection rates have not increased.

Reactions: Kent

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
What you say is true! So,the benefit of having Malwarebtyes is their repairing. The two best security at repairing are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Kaspersky. Appreciate!

Look over:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/av-test-award-2014.373473/#post-2459581

Thank you! For a different way of looking at things. So,layering of security software is still the best way to go! And like lawyers and doctors, specializing in an area has there benefits.
For Example, Trojan Killer and Loaris Trojan Remover specializing in a current area of malware removal. And Adwcleaner!

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Lee

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
If you wish to have MBAM 2.1 download Beta first, do update and then you will get pop-up "there is a new version".

Clipboard05.jpg

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Keep the new release coming and keep us updated on the new issues too!
Thank you for the information!

Reactions: Paul Lee

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I noticed there is only a Database update, but no Program update? Will the release of MBAM 2.1.x require an over-the-top installation?

Reactions: Petrovic

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I tried this version today and I must say that I really like this new polished UI. Also performance during scanning was really good.
Scan took about 10 minutes. Ads are nicely placed. Well done. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Azure and Paul Lee
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.