Battle Malwarebytes vs Zemana vs HitmanPro

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
I had an issue with Malwarebytes premium lifetime keys I purchased at Amazon UK and now don't know if I'll still be able to use it anymore.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security already.

Right now I'm looking for a new Anti-Malware software and would like to know which of these below would you recommend in order (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and why would you recommend one over the other. I will buy for 3 PC's.
  • Malwarebytes 3.0 (Premium)
  • Zemana AntiMalware (Premium)
  • HitmanPro malware removal (Premium)
I'm looking for the premium version because I like to have real time protection on.

Thanks!

Last edited:

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Outside of Malwarebytes (but it's still pretty buggy), the other two aren't direct replacements for an AV, but instead a compliment to them. I would stick with Kaspersky since it's probably the best out there, and go with hitmanpro.alert which comes with hitmanpro and then you're covered for malware, exploits, and also have a second opinion scanner.

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
Outside of Malwarebytes (but it's still pretty buggy), the other two aren't direct replacements for an AV, but instead a compliment to them. I would stick with Kaspersky since it's probably the best out there, and go with hitmanpro.alert which comes with hitmanpro and then you're covered for malware, exploits, and also have a second opinion scanner.
Yeah I won't leave KIS that's for sure ;)
Since the license of my Malwarebytes is working as it should I'll keep it for now, but will still keep an eye on the other options.

Reactions: JB007 and Wave
W

Wave

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware isn't actually a replacement for existing security software, but they can wish it is as much a they want. They're having a laugh lol.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
So if you purchase HMPA you also get unlimited use of HMP scanner and removal?
Yes that's correct, for instance.
If you buy HMP, which is the scanner, you can only use that.
If you purchase HMP.Alert you can enter the key into HMP
and use both products and they will share the same expiration date ;)

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I run Kaspersky Total Security tweaked (as Evjl's Rain suggested) and HMPA together in real time. Doing this I get an on demand scanner HMP plus the benefit of things like keystroke encryption, safe browsing etc... I find they complement each other quite well.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Zemana or Hitmanpro Alert would be best! Malwarebytes is a total system resource hog, causes lag, and is not great in protection (Security First and other testers found its detection to be as bad as Windows Defender's).

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Honestly, I wouldn't bother to have a premium Antimalware since you've already got Kaspersky. AFAIK, HitmanPro doesn't come with Realtime protection, and both Zemana and Malwaretimes realtime protection are really poor. My choice would be ZAM free as on-demand scanner. But if one is looking for a premium AM, then I would choose HMP.Alert instead.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I'm using KIS 2017.
Is it possible to run together MBA 3.0 or HMP.Alert without conflict ?

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Based off their website, they are both compatible:
List of programs incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

The version of HMP.alert on that list is an older version, but is now fully compatible.
Here is a thread at Wilders that their dev is a part of:
HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

You can ask for yourself, but you'll be fine. KIS and HMP.alert is a solid combination (which includes HMP..so you get BitDefender signatures along with their own engine on top of Kaspersky sigs). I wouldn't bother with MBA. Don't know what happened, but they have fallen off lately. Do some testing on your own or check out some video reviews and you'll see for yourself. It's quite disappointing. Their PUP's detection is still really good, but everything else leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.