malwarekiller's setup (Updated)

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
MBAM is heavy!! I am giving about 46MB of RAM on both idle and working On PC...

In total with avast and comodo[both light on ram] and MBAM i am giving about 56MB of my ram on idle and about 66MB on non-idle..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: New security setup.

I assume you have addons/extensions that were installed on Google Chrome and IE9 beside your set already.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
RE: New security setup.

Nothings wrong i see. Tight config. Just have something for backup.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: malwarekiller's New security setup

Which Auto-Sandbox are you using (Avast or Comodo)?

Latest NPE is version 2.5.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
RE: malwarekiller's New security setup

currently i have both autosandboxe's [avast and comodo] running.

comodo will catch a lot and avast will also get a many of them.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: malwarekiller's New security setup[UPDATED]

Well i think they have a different function of autosandbox as Avast uses heuristics to detect and when bypassed then it will go Comodo Sandbox for restrictions. So its ok.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012

Thats the reason i have both sandboxes running all the time

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

What's your reason for running lots of scanners, for a Malware Remover, do you test them on your system?

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012

Earth said:
What's your reason for running lots of scanners, for a Malware Remover, do you test them on your system?

emsisoft is actually with me because i am learning on how to use its tools like blitzblank....i removed NPE...MBAM and HMP are for my on-demand stuff....comodo autoruns and killswitch i use to get a good insight of my system on what i am running...i like to know what my system is running. :blush:

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
Malwarekiller's new config

MBAM is heavy!! I am giving about 46MB of RAM on both idle and working On PC...

In total with avast and comodo[both light on ram] and MBAM i am giving about 56MB of my ram on idle and about 66MB on non-idle..

P

Plexx

RE: Malwarekiller's new config

Acronis does run by default processes on the background even if you don't have set any scheduled task. This was one of the main reasons I moved from it. Also which version you are using?

If you think MBAM is heavy, try this combo: NOD32/ESS + MBAM in real time. ESET by default will chunk 80mb but then again I didn't experience any slow down. Bear in mind I have activated the trial of MBAM on the ESET combo I am testing in VM.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012

Biozfear said:
If you think MBAM is heavy, try this combo: NOD32/ESS + MBAM in real time. ESET by default will chunk 80mb but then again I didn't experience any slow down. Bear in mind I have activated the trial of MBAM on the ESET combo I am testing in VM.

Umm..well i think i stay with what works for me...ESET will make it more heavy and more ever i have seen people using eset and land up getting highly infected..whereas with avast the user is infected with random 2 to 4 trojans and nothing else so i prefer avast is better than ESET...This is lightest config at max what u see now..MBAM wont come down anyways..:sleepy: No slowdowns so far for me with my config :D

P

Plexx

ESET problem is not detection. Its the cleaning potentials.

Also although ram usage is 80mb, doesnt mean it is heavy for an average user. I do remember reading somewhere the reason why it takes around 80mb. I think its the signatures but not fully sure.

If you want to see heavy and slow down look at BD or KAV

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012

Biozfear said:
ESET problem is not detection. Its the cleaning potentials.

Then why i see people running up to date ESET alone getting very highly infected and people running avast alone just getting infected with a couple of trojans :p anyway,i dont want to destroy my PC with ESET high RAM usage...i yet think avast does very well in prevention :blush: no offense to ESET though...I like both of them but yet have my personal like on avast and this config is yet the lightest one i get with mbam as i see

OBS. forgot to mention comodo killswitch and autoruns and my addons...so ADDED THEM :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.