Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I cannot replicate the glitch you are talking about.
If you hover over the alert icon and move your cursor to the left a bit then yes the message drop down appears.
But to expand these you need to click "Show all" in the bottom left corner of the dropdown.
Here, let me demo it via a short video: MalwareTips app _Chrome 05-01-2017.mp4
I stop my cursor on the 'Alert' icon (left half of the icon) that has a red unread indicator. Then, I donot move the cursor, but the red indicator goes off (when the alerts are displayed) and the width of the 'Alert' icon decreases, the 'Alert' icon and the 'Messages' icon shift a bit to the right.
So, now, the cursor being stable where it was, the 'Messages' icon comes beneath the cursor. Hence the messages panel opens up as shown in the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svoll

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Here, let me demo it via a short video: MalwareTips app _Chrome 05-01-2017.mp4
I stop my cursor on the 'Alert' icon that has a red unread indicator. Then, I donot move the cursor, but the red indicator goes off (when the alerts are displayed) and the width of the 'Alert' icon decreases, the 'Alert' icon and the 'Messages' icon shift a bit to the right.
So, now, the cursor being stable where it was, the 'Messages' icon comes beneath the cursor. Hence the messages panel opens up as shown in the video.
It looks perfectly normal to me but maybe @Jack can have a look.

Reactions: Svoll and Parsh

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
I am very happy with using MT on my S5 and don't need a separate app.
I always decline forum apps when offered.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It looks perfectly normal to me but maybe @Jack can have a look.
Didn't you notice the slight shifting of the two icons. The 'Alert' icon is below the cursor and suddenly after the shift, the 'Messages' icon comes under it, the cursor being stagnant.
A minor glitch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.