MalwareTips browser app?

codswollip

Level 23
Thread author
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
What is this MalwareTips app that wants to install on my browser?

1564181023284.png

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What is this MalwareTips app that wants to install on my browser?

View attachment 217448
Hey @Telos,
It's a prompt to install our app...it's legit and if you want you can give it a try. If you don't like it, you can uninstall it (click the 3 dots in the toolbar and select Uninstall). This is how it looks:

234.jpg

5.jpg

A few months ago we've released the MalwareTips app - Feedback - MalwareTips Mobile App Is Now Available. This app is bulit on the Progressive Web App framework, and the browsers that are supporting PWA will show these notifications. We've built the app for mobile users, however, you can now install the app on Mac or Windows without any issues.

Starting with Chrome 77, users will see a + sign in the URL bar when they browse sites that support PWA.
2.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I use the forum at times to translate into Spanish and vice versa.
It is possible in the application or it was good to integrate a translator for all content.
Hey,
The app is basically using Chrome as a base, so you should have all the features of the browser + your extensions in the app. Like I've said, we've built this for mobile users, however, you can give it a try and see if you like it on Windows. It's easy to install and uninstall so there's no reason to try it out.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.