Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: Mastodon.social is an open-source Twitter competitor that’s growing like crazy | The Verge

Eugen Rochko was annoyed with Twitter. The company had made a series of changes that he thought eroded the value of the service: limiting how big third-party applications could grow, for example, and implementing an algorithm-driven timeline that made Twitter feel uncomfortably similar to Facebook. Most people in Rochko’s situation fired off an angry tweet or two and moved on. Rochko set about rebuilding Twitter from scratch.

Mastodon is a free, open-source social network.

A decentralized alternative to commercial platforms, it avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your communication. Pick a server that you trust — whichever you choose, you can interact with everyone else. Anyone can run their own Mastodon instance and participate in the social network seamlessly.​

mastodon.social - Mastodon

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Source: Mastodon.social is an open-source Twitter competitor that’s growing like crazy | The Verge

Mastodon is a free, open-source social network.

A decentralized alternative to commercial platforms, it avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your communication. Pick a server that you trust — whichever you choose, you can interact with everyone else. Anyone can run their own Mastodon instance and participate in the social network seamlessly.​

mastodon.social - Mastodon
Thats very interesting, I may play with this this weekend.
Thanks Spawn, cool share.

LuciusHaydn

Level 1
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
This sounds very intriguing to me. I admit, I never did get incredibly active on twitter and it for the most part isn't really my thing. But this may be something fun to check out anyhow. :)
Thank you for bringing it to my attention @Spawn . :D

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.