Advice Request Max settings for Malwarebytes?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Default settings are usually well-balanced between security and performance.
  • Higher security settings may have a profound affect on system performance.
  • Lower security settings may affect your product's protection capabilities.
Experienced Malwarebytes' users may be able to advise further on The Settings.

Reference: Malwarebytes for Windows Help Documentation

Durew

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2017
Hi Rengar,

The default settings are all ready quite good. (I asume you are using the premium version) But quickly the setting to change for maximum security:
Tab: Application
  • User acces: set a password to prevent people 'borrowing' your PC from changing settings
  • Appliation updates: Make sure both are on
Tab: protection
  • Realtime Protection: Advanced Settings: Users are advised to stay away from those (so I do), be careful if you decide to experiment here.
  • Protected applications: set the applications to be monitored. You can add programs not in the list yourself. Add whatever program you feel is at risk for exploitation
  • Scan options: enable all
  • Potential Threat protection: I've set both to 'always detect'
  • Updates: Check for updates every minute if you feel like it (I have every half hour)
  • Startup options: Enable self protection module
  • Startup options: enable self-protection module early start
Tab Scan Shedule:
  • Let MB scan for infection as often as you feel like. (I do once a day)
The other tabs don't really contain hardening settings. I advise reading the manual linked to by Spawn if you have the time.

Regards,
Durew (MB user)

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Hi Rengar,

The default settings are all ready quite good. (I asume you are using the premium version) But quickly the setting to change for maximum security:
Tab: Application
  • User acces: set a password to prevent people 'borrowing' your PC from changing settings
  • Appliation updates: Make sure both are on
Tab: protection
  • Realtime Protection: Advanced Settings: Users are advised to stay away from those (so I do), be careful if you decide to experiment here.
  • Protected applications: set the applications to be monitored. You can add programs not in the list yourself. Add whatever program you feel is at risk for exploitation
  • Scan options: enable all
  • Potential Threat protection: I've set both to 'always detect'
  • Updates: Check for updates every minute if you feel like it (I have every half hour)
  • Startup options: Enable self protection module
  • Startup options: enable self-protection module early start
Tab Scan Shedule:
  • Let MB scan for infection as often as you feel like. (I do once a day)
The other tabs don't really contain hardening settings. I advise reading the manual linked to by Spawn if you have the time.

Regards,
Durew (MB user)
Thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.