Compare list
Mcafee Total or Eset Internet Security

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
1. Yes

2. Sorry but if... If McAfee doesn't know about a threat, the file passes without reaction.....

3. I was mainly talking about its memory and CPU consumption that I could see on Virtual Machine
1. I cannot find the keyword, AI, in your provided article.
2. You should test more samples and make sure Real Protect is running normally on your system (Test files to test Real Protect scanning and Credential Theft Protection).
3. I don't think so.
2021-10-28 171944.png

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
A video is planned on McAfee

For the consumption, look with ProcessExplorer or other, not with Windows
My advice is to familiarize yourself with the AV before putting it to the test. Otherwise, the result you get could be biased.

When it comes to measuring resource consumption, there is no difference between using Process Explorer and the built-in task manager. You should, however, compare the overall RAM usage before and after installation, to measure the actual RAM used by AVs. In this case, McAfee uses approximately 200 MB of RAM on my system.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
My advice is to familiarize yourself with the AV before putting it to the test. Otherwise, the result you get could be biased.

When it comes to measuring resource consumption, there is no difference between using Process Explorer and the built-in task manager. You should, however, compare the overall RAM usage before and after installation, to measure the actual RAM used by AVs. In this case, McAfee uses approximately 200 MB of RAM on my system.

It is already on one of my VMs since a few days :)

For the 2nd point, I always prefer to check with another task manager, Windows doesn't tell everything :) Then everyone does as he wants

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.