Me being so reasonable on other forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Thought this was funny...so I made screenshots to show everyone. :D

Edit: Since non-members can't see attached pictures, here is a link to a TinyPic album: http://tinypic.com/a/2m5ja/1

We were being reasonable in our invite posted at the avast! Forum. However, they were quite suspicious and began to talk about how bad Melih was (and Comodo as well) and how we were just Comodo fanboys, etc. They especially disliked my reasonable posts (with a bit of humor stuck in them). And here is a screenshot of the last page before the mods threw away any remnants of free speech and impartiality and locked the thread:

[attachment=12]
(http://i52.tinypic.com/vy6qgp.jpg)

Since I couldn't respond, and was wanting to joke around and annoy someone, I picked the author of this particularly grumpy post:

[attachment=13]
(http://i51.tinypic.com/2ymep2b.jpg)

Great, I thought, and decided to visit his forum (!). Apparently, though, this chap is full of lies and hot air, because this was a lie:
I'll ban you before you finish the registration form.

I finished the registration forum, verified my email (using a disposable one, of course; wouldn't be surprised if he was a spammer too :s), and had plenty of time to post this masterpiece:

[attachment=14]
(http://i54.tinypic.com/9h18o4.jpg)

Now I'm awaiting my imminent ban with trepidation. :p

Attachments

• longSS-lastpage.png
    longSS-lastpage.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 631
  • GoodAdvice.png
    GoodAdvice.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 550
  • Invited.png
    Invited.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 645

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011
Wow. That was fantastic. Avast forum may be the worst example of a security forum I've ever seen.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Watasha said:
Wow. That was fantastic. Avast forum may be the worst example of a security forum I've ever seen.

Probably because of a little fight between dear bobby (a high-standing member of their forum) and Melih. They all immediately supported dear bobby and now Melih is the evil villain, and Comodo forums is his (as sded says) "social engineering forum and platform for Melih". Lol

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Update:
Oh dear, I ran into some technical difficulties.

[attachment=15]

:p

Attachments

• 2011-02-28_153436.png
    2011-02-28_153436.png
    13 KB · Views: 553

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011
Yeah, I remember the "war" between Melih & Bob. I just never expected the childish stance that they took over something completely unrelated to Comodo. If I was a member of Avast's forum I would be mortified & I would let it be known how I felt. Of course the mods have probably got their fingers on the ban button waiting on anyone to disagree with their stance that Comodo is a communist regime waiting to eradicate all that is good & holy. It's ridiculous.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Proxy time!
:biggrin:

Actually, all had to do was delete my cookies and I was "in." (Not that there was much to see at that tiny inactive wannabe forum. :winktongue:)

The saga continues...

Me said:
YoKenny at http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=72357.msg604862#msg604862 said:
Your spamming topic has been closed 8)
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=72467.0

Ooh, it isn't enough to close a topic for no reason except that some people got irrationally upset, but now you have to go and tell me about it in this topic in case I missed the other.

LOL

The logic and actions used here by some members are so messed up, I keep thinking I'm in a dream. :rolleyes:

To demonstrate my superiority (I can see people foaming at the mouth), I shall now manifest such intellectuality that you will cringe! (Boy is this funny. Should be to others besides me :rolleyes: )

• That was not my topic.
  • Definition of "spamming" according to the New Oxford American Dictionary: "Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients." My posts were not irrelevant to the topic. They were not inappropriate either, unless humor is banned in this forum (in that case, you don't have much hope anyway and reasoning won't change anything).
  • People in that topic repeatedly ignored our affirmations that we didn't get anything from others using our reference links. I bet if I had cultivated the view that I was banned from Comodo, people would be more receptive to what I said. :rolleyes:
  • I presented some responses and questions. Apparently acknowledging them wasn't a priority...instead, everyone just clamored for the topic to be closed. When people do not have reasonable responses left, mob mode kicks and they ignore everything else.
  • ? ? ?
  • Profit
  • (A little randomness is good to keep people from killing themselves because of boredom) :p

So this nice long post demonstrates that I don't focus on getting 20 posts...if I had, I could have given out a tidbit here and there. :rolleyes:

Whatever...I had time to burn. :p

(Note: the BBCode system is slightly different there, so I had to change formating.)

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I can understand closing the thread if there wasn't a proper place for it in the Avast forums. However, some of those comments were uncalled for and should have been moderated. (Okay, moderator hat off now)

@ LaserWraith
To be fair, didn't you essentially ask to be banned in your post? Perhaps he was just fulfilling your request. :D

I've got to say though, closing the off-topic section of that forum is a bit strange. I don't know where else this sort of thing should have been put.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Chiron said:
I can understand closing the thread if there wasn't a proper place for it in the Avast forums. However, some of those comments were uncalled for and should have been moderated. (Okay, moderator hat off now)

@ LaserWraith
To be fair, didn't you essentially ask to be banned in your post? Perhaps he was just fulfilling your request. :D

I've got to say though, closing the off-topic section of that forum is a bit strange. I don't know where else this sort of thing should have been put.

Well...I think all forums should have some general off-topic section for members to relax in and have fun. Our thread was about a security site...kind of on topic.

Well, if you are meaning the other personal forum, he had promised that I would be banned (though he lied about when :s). So I was almost positive that the ban was coming.

Too bad. Now his forum will go back to boringness and nothing. :p

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
It's sad to see how narrow minded people can be, why on earth do they curse other users of other products, I for one think Avast is a very good company but choose Comodo. They seem to opose anything that is not Avast, whilst at same time showing how vacuous one can be with comments like 'GTFO' etc.

Can people not understand that it's good to have a balance of users of all products or do they just clone the "Wilders Motto?!" Ah well, how sad, what a shame, never mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.