Message: Files are encrypted with RSA-2048c and AES-128 ciphers …

Jenlfen

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
All of my saved files have been ciphered so that my computer does not recognize them (I think). Please provide assistance that will enable me to put my documents back into a language that my computer can read. Thank-you for your assistance.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    103.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition.txt
    33.4 KB · Views: 0

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

You're infected with ODIN Ransomware. At this moment not enough information is revealed about it and most likely there is not free decryption tool.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Jenlfen

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
Hello,

You're infected with ODIN Ransomware. At this moment not enough information is revealed about it and most likely there is not free decryption tool.

Thank-you for getting back to me. What/who do you recommend that I use to purchase the decryption tool. I would only like to work with someone who is ethical, responsible, and reliable. From what we have read online, not all individuals/sites who offer help for these kinds of difficulties fit that description, even if they sound that way, and we do not know whose who.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Like I said, there is no enough information right now, so the only thing you can do is paying the ransom (what I do not recommend). There is not free decrypt tool for this variant.

Jenlfen

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
I don't know if there is any use in adding to the information that I submitted last night, but Windows Defender has alerted me again. This is a print-screen of the latest:

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-4_6-30-57.png
    upload_2016-10-4_6-30-57.png
    722.1 KB · Views: 11

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.

Jenlfen

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
Sorry for the delay...

Attached are the latest scans, as per your instructions.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    30 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    105.8 KB · Views: 2

Jenlfen

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
Thank-you so much for your consideration. During the course of this day, I have followed the instructions of options 1 and 2 of the MalwareTips article, "How to Remove .ODIN malware (_HOWDO_text Files Encrypted) September 27, 2016 By Stelian Pilici / Filed Under: Ransomware, in that I downloaded and scanned the "Shadow Explorer" as well as "Piriform Recuva". I have not completed working with the Recuva in selecting files to restore them. I am a little hesitant to move forward with that at this point, yet. For now, I am still doing my homework. I really do appreciate your willingness to take time out of your busy schedule, consider my problem, and provide knowledgeable guidance.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You can try shadow explorer but this malware is deleting all shadow copies of your files, so I don't know if that would be possible to do.

Let's remove some malicious files:

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1,011 bytes · Views: 4

Jenlfen

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
Thank-you for the time that you have taken to help me so far, and for your patience with someone who really knows very little of the technical aspects of operating a computer.

It has taken a little while for me to respond to your most recent instructions since I needed to fit figuring out how to correct mistakes that I had made when downloading the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool into my busy schedule. Once the trouble shooting was done, I was able to follow your instructions properly. Those steps have all been taken.

In the process, I scanned my computer again just before working with the Farbar Fix Tool. I have attached all the documents again, and included the fixlist.txt.

Below are the attached files:

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    127.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Fixlog.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 1

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Okay, let's make some additional checks:

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    662 bytes · Views: 1

Jenlfen

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
Once again, I thank-you for your assistance. I have done my best to follow your instructions, and hopefully am able to send you the information that you are looking for in the attached files. Thank-you for your patience with me.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2016.10.20-09.15.47-i0-t92-d1.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.