Microsoft Data Shows Windows 10 Is Very Close to Overtaking Windows 7

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Windows 10 is now more than one year old, but Microsoft continues its efforts to move as many users as possible to the new operating system, and according to data provided by the company itself, this push is already paying off.

microsoft-data-shows-windows-10-is-very-close-to-overtaking-windows-7-507787-2.jpg

If you’re a long-time Microsoft watcher, you probably know that third-party market research firms put Windows 10 at approximately 20 percent market share, which is quite good for an operating system launched approximately 13 months ago.

But according to Microsoft’s own data, Windows 10 is doing a tad better, as it’s now running on 39 percent of Windows PCs. These figures are provided on the Developer resources page and include Windows Store trends, with Microsoft revealing that Windows 10 improved 3 percent in July 2016 from 36 percent in the month before.

Read more: Microsoft Data Shows Windows 10 Is Very Close to Overtaking Windows 7

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I can say for sure, in gaming circles Win 7 is still the go to OS, more and more are
realizing that Win10 is just as gamer friendly, and as more do there will be more
migration to win10, I would like to see these numbers at the end of Dec. 2016
Cool Share Jack Thanks

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Word of mouth, as this thread, and encouragements with such positively posted comments here on MT, were the primary and confidence inspiring resources which guided my own move from 8.1, as well as our older lap top from Windows 7 SP 1.:cool:

My wife, whom still pined for Windows 7 along with memories from when her Sony Vaio was new and lightening quick, purchased a reasonably priced/refurbished Dell (a tank of a laptop) which sported Windows 7 Home Premium. She's sent it back as it's Windows updates were stuck in a perpetual loop:confused: searching for updates whilst finding not a one. So, now the Vaio with Windows 10 (it's quite unanimous in our household):rolleyes: feels quite wonderful, and looks just great!:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.