Advice Request Microsoft Defender Script

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 59295
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 59295

Thread author
Hey guys,

I have seen you all recommend the Andy config tool. While reading the descriptions I can't quite work out what it does that is so special. I have no decided that I am happy with Windows Defender and using second opinion scanners because brain.exe has meant my current AV hasn't done anything for me for 3 years plus now. As a Windows 10 home user, I am wondering what it does for me.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
It is a GUI to control and harden WD. It allows user to easily enable settings which otherwise are available only through powershell commands, group policy, etc. Definitely takes WD protection beyond default level available in WD Security Center.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
This is quite interesting:

Attachments

• NSW Blocking andy ful.png
    NSW Blocking andy ful.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 437

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hey guys,

I have seen you all recommend the Andy config tool. While reading the descriptions I can't quite work out what it does that is so special. I have no decided that I am happy with Windows Defender and using second opinion scanners because brain.exe has meant my current AV hasn't done anything for me for 3 years plus now. As a Windows 10 home user, I am wondering what it does for me.
Windows Defender has advanced security features that increase its power tremendously. ConfigureDefender puts them at your fingertips. Look in the Exploit Guard/ASR (Attack surface reduction) rules, that is where you will see the real power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.