Microsoft Delivers Windows 10 SR1 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
I know what you’re thinking. SR1? Seriously? But it’s true: just a week after the initial release of Windows 10, Microsoft has delivered the first major update to its latest OS. Dubbed Service Release 1 (SR1) internally, this cumulative update for Windows 10 provides no new features but does offer a ton of small fixes.

“This update includes non–security-related changes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 through new features and improvements, the Knowledge Base article for this update blandly notes. “Windows 10 updates are cumulative. Therefore, this package contains all previously-released fixes (see KB 3074683). If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are contained in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer.”

While this is certainly a large update, weighing in at about 325 MB, it is of course not the first update to Windows 10: Microsoft has been issuing fixes and other updates for the system since it sort-of-not-really-wink-wink RTM’d last month. But it’s also not clear exactly what’s in this update, despite a long change list on the KB page.

Regardless, this will be the first taste of Microsoft’s “rapid release” vision for many. And it does require a reboot, so plan accordingly.

You can find the update—called Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3081424)—in Windows Update.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/5094/microsoft-delivers-windows-10-sr1

Huck

Aug 5, 2015
I know this is a tangent, but here goes.
Will upgrading to windows 10 remove malware from an infected windows 7 machine?

Reactions: nissimezra

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Now Microsoft should eat their pride well, as updates must provide as clear and safe without any botch especially month and years to come since they are been force to update without any right to defer.*

* The tool provided by Microsoft to hide updates may not work based on my experience. as I try fpr driver update from Samsung and its too late as I cannot refresh an update; instead to install rather.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Now Microsoft should eat their pride well, as updates must provide as clear and safe without any botch especially month and years to come since they are been force to update without any right to defer.*

* The tool provided by Microsoft to hide updates may not work based on my experience. as I try fpr driver update from Samsung and its too late as I cannot refresh an update; instead to install rather.
I'm considering to give up on thus gift but I'll need to learn it for my work otherwise I would stay with windows 7 until the sky clear.
I'm still looking for a way to disable the auto update if I'll find I'll post it here

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014

That's rare I used one of the troubleshooting tools to hide or show updates and it worked. I hid 2 driver updates that I tried installing 3 times and the update always failed.

Reactions: nissimezra
I

illumination

My experience with the SR1 installing yesterday...
GVvoZLA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.