Microsoft in Windows Update spell-check shocker

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Micrososft, sorry, Microsoft, blundered into spell-check shock territory during the latest batch of updates.

There's quite a bit of online laughter at the mistake, in which the software giant mis-spelled its own domain name in one of the update notifications presented by Windows Update:

microsoft-error-annotated-500.png

More details - link

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Haha, classic :lolz:
Just updated as well, would be interesesting if I find the same bug.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Yes.Classic FAIL :p

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
FAIL! :p
On a more serious note, does the link direct to the actual site? If it doesn't, then maybe we could by the domain and have a load of new visitors! :biggrin:

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
If we did do that, I'm sure we wouldn't get much since only about 1% of people read those things, even if somethings wrong they'd be like "oh, didn't work, let's play COD" :lolz:

G

Guest28

From the company that can't even spell there own name right. Micro$oft.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
ryan said:
Maybe Bill Gates doubled his money so he decided to add an extra $ to the name, hence, Micro$o$ft was born.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ryan said:

On many occasions I have made typos writing Microsofot Microsoft.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.