Advice Request Microsoft Photos bug

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I really like Microsoft Photos, It's a simple clean way to look at my pictures and it's already installed. But n one of my computers it has a bug I just can't find a way to fix. It just does not update the picture display of any picture on the catalog taken after October 2018.

So far I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling it and even wiping its data folder to no avail. It always bugs on October 2018.

My question is does anyone have any idea how to fix it in a way I haven't tried yet that does not involve reinstalling Windows, something I certainly won't do just for this problem? :p

If not, any other good and simple picture cataloguer out there? Paid or free it doesn't really matter as long as it simple and sorts the pictures any way I want :)

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
+1 to Faststone image viewer.
Even I replaced MS Photos with Faststone image viewer because sometimes my photos were rendered black or sometimes it said Image corrupted after updates. Tried reinstall,complete wipe and nothing worked. Once I used FS Image viewer, deleted the entire crap of UWP apps which were made unusable by MSFT just like Windows Mobile. 300MB of worthless app replaced by 10MB useful software that has native support for all image and video formats.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I can't help solve your issue but i remember having issues with Microsoft photo gallery (W7) last year, which i used for very basic editing and viewing but i had problems with it one day so i uninstalled it only to find that when i went to download it again, it doesn't exist anymore :mad: so like @harlan4096 i came across Xnview, i've only ever used it to view my photos and silly gifs etc but i like it for it's simplicity.

I had a wee read at this thread first and it may help you to get a better idea of what other people like and their opinions on a specific app/programme. (i hate that word app, i'm old school and it's a programme to me, lol) :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.