Microsoft postpones the ARM-powered Surface Go 4, to be powered by Intel N200

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  • The device was going to feature a Qualcomm 7c-based processor.
  • Instead, Microsoft will now ship a refreshed Surface Go with an Intel N200 chip.
I hear the upcoming Surface Go will be powered by an Intel Processor N200 CPU, which is a new line of chips that serve as a replacement for Intel’s entry-level mobile series of processors. The device will be more powerful and efficient than the current Surface Go 3, which is powered by an Intel Core i3-10100Y in the top-end configs.

The new Surface Go will be similar to the previous model but feature a more repairable internal layout with replaceable components, similar to the recent Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5. In fact, all of Microsoft’s future Surface PC devices will be more repairable going forward, I'm told.

It's unclear why Microsoft has opted to postpone the ARM-powered Surface Go 4, but my sources say it's likely to do with the Surface Go’s heavy focus on commercial customers, many of which may not be ready to adopt Windows on ARM fully. I’m told a future Surface Go with ARM is still planned, but it’s currently unknown when it will ship.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.