App Review Microsoft Security Essentials V4 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Microsoft Security Essentials V4 Review
Uploaded to YouTube by languy99

Kindly N.B.
The review of this software is not carried out by me.
Any questions or criticisms should be directed to the author of the video.
These videos are posted for the communities education and for entertainment value only :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well seems weaknesses by MSE and other were came from adware/spyware since some could be legitimate and adds only bunch of files.

G

Guest28

Wow mse use to be really good. Its sad how they are going down hill they have not changed anything about the product so far. Scanning is still slow and mem usage is still high microsoft better give us a good version 5.0. They need to change up the ui and need more advanced settings.

It seems like their attitude is to keep mse user friendly for noobs and only to use basic signatures. What harm is it going to do to add a simple reputation system? If the signatures on mse fail to detect malware. Its better to use cloud reputation other then just letting the user get infected just by one layer of protection.

For now I would not use mse at all not just based on this test.... but based on my own. Microsoft needs to step up their game to get their good name back its turning into an old version of avg,s past. But avg is much improved now.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have to agree ryan. They need to add more features to MSE and maybe do an interface lift. I don't see why they can't even add some web protection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If they will improve their engine and updated regularly it will be like Avira which also rely on signatures beside on webguard

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
If they will improve their engine and updated regularly it will be like Avira which also rely on signatures beside on webguard

Yeah but if they also add a webguard it might be a usefull thing to add as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.