Microsoft Surface Tablets Listed at over $1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Surface-Tablets-Listed-at-Over-1-000-283027.shtml

When announcing its own devices powered by the Windows 8 platform, namely the Surface tablets, Microsoft announced that they would be priced in line with the currently available tablet PCs and ultrabooks.

At the time, many suggested that we might see the Windows RT Surface tablet going prices starting at $600, while the Windows 8 Pro-powered slate would cost over $800.

However, it appears that these devices might actually land on shelves with much higher price tags than that, if the info listed on a Swedish retailer today is to be believed.

Third-party retailer webhallen currently lists the Windows RT version of the Surface at 6,990 SEK ($1,000 / €830) for the 32GB model, and at 9,990SEK ($1,430 / €1,180) for the 64GB flavor. The Windows 8 Pro Surface slate, on the other hand, is listed at 12,990SEK ($1,860 / €1,540) for the 64GB version, and at 14,990SEK ($2.150 / €1,780) for the 128GB model.

Microsoft-Surface-Tablets-Listed-at-Over-1-000-3.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Well it looks good but it's a little over priced.....Not to be "that guy",but an iPad is cheaper (and looks very good) and basically does the same thing.......
No way I'm paying 1.000$ for this device...

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Jack said:
Well it looks good but it's a little over priced.....Not to be that guy,but an iPad is cheaper (and looks very good) and basically does the same thing.......
No way I'm paying 1.000$ for this device...

Agreed you can get an iPad for half that.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
An iPad will last you a year before Apple release another updated version of the same crap.

Surface is laptop in tablet form, that will last twice or many more years.

However, too pricey for me, and I'm happy with my VAIO. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.