Microsoft will ship a full Linux kernel in Windows 10

uduoix

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Microsoft has surprised many in the Linux developer community in recent years. Surprises have included bringing things like the Bash shell to Windows, or native OpenSSH in Windows 10, and even including Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, and Fedora in the Windows Store. Microsoft is now going even further, with plans to ship a full Linux kernel directly in Windows 10.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
All I see is another attack vector. But you do you, Microsoft.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
All I see is another attack vector. But you do you, Microsoft.

True. Maybe the Linux community shouldn't be so happy about this announcement. Probably gonna be alot of attention to learning how to abuse this kernel :emoji_grimacing:. Oh well but I wonder what MS will try next, Chrome and now Linux kernel? Weird news but thanks....

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
True. Maybe the Linux community shouldn't be so happy about this announcement. Probably gonna be alot of attention to learning how to abuse this kernel :emoji_grimacing:. Oh well but I wonder what MS will try next, Chrome and now Linux kernel? Weird news but thanks....
I find it strange that they gave up on Edge for Chromium but they commit to their own linux kernel which is probably far less significant.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.