Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Windows 8.1 will reach its end of life (EOL) on January 10, 2023, and Microsoft will soon start nagging those using this operating system with notifications about its upcoming "death." Microsoft says (via ZDNet) that users will receive messages similar to those the company used before Windows 7's EOL.

A message about Windows 8.1 soon reaching its end of life will include options to receive notification later, receive it after January 10, 2023, and learn more. The latter will guide the users to a dedicated support article, where Microsoft explains what end of support means and what users can do.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
When I was using Win7, I felt uncomfortable and I wasn't so attracted to win8.
Since I started using 10, I have come to think that it is an os that should be evaluated as a rite of passage from 7.

Simply put, the impression is that vista is back.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.