i got this error 2 hours ago
windows 10 pro 64bit with the last update
is this account an admin account ?

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
I have encountered that error once or twice myself but only during updates. DISM fixed those errors for me and haven't seen them for about 2 months now.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821
hi about dism ?
do you mean this command line ? Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
i have an image created with macrium reflects
what should do it? run ad aministrator this command line Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

thanks!

Reactions: DardiM and Svoll

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Yup, just follow microsoft's resolution procedures, it won't affect your backup image, in most cases, it makes the backup image size smaller.

Reactions: giulia and DardiM

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Yup, just follow microsoft's resolution procedures, it won't affect your backup image, in most cases, it makes the backup image size smaller.
hi
i run these commnad lines
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase Weird it stops @20%

and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
hope it fix it , so don't you suggest to restore the image ? check for this erro
J5szRWO.png

thanks

Reactions: Svoll and DardiM

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Read that its a pretty common issue with MS updates..... MS even has it documented on their offiicial site, just hidden. Good luck!

fix.png

Sorry for double post, I am trying to hit level 9 today. =P Love you Exterminator!

Reactions: DardiM and giulia

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
hi
i run these commnad lines
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase Weird it stops @20%

and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
hope it fix it , so don't you suggest to restore the image ? check for this erro
J5szRWO.png

thanks

It will take about 10-20 minutes =)

Thanks for letting me increase my post count to annoy Exterminator.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Read that its a pretty common issue with MS updates..... MS even has it documented on their offiicial site, just hidden. Good luck!

Sorry for double post, I am trying to hit level 9 today. =P Love you Exterminator!
Hi Svoll
i will live with this error
but sometime i will give a check ..
thanks

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase , it's very fast now because i run it after the last update , so keeps few seconds, but after an update even 20minutes

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
you don't have to live with the error =) MS has the fix, all you have to do is run the DISM tool as described by MS. The /ResetBase switch option also deletes all superseded versions of every component in the component store.

I can't read or understand the language on your screenshot. What DISM does is remove old versions of windows update. Pretty nifty tool, I use it almost every update now.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
operation concluded

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
operation cocluded
thanks' all

I have never used DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth , always Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

i did run first DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
and after
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

maybe this command is the best DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth /StartComponentCleanup

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I think it does pretty much the same thing :) not sure if you are able to combine /restorehealth and /startcomponentcleanup, but I shall that next patch tuesday and experiment.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
I think it does pretty much the same thing :) not sure if you are able to combine /restorehealth and /startcomponentcleanup, but I shall that next patch tuesday and experiment.
hi
by the way ,googling C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat i get always pages about registry hive corruption :(o_O

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
hi
by the way ,googling C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat i get always pages about registry hive corruption :(o_O

I usually google the error code, makes it easier to look it up on that database of Microsoft. =) Hope you issue is fixed! UsrClass.dat is part of the registry but it doesn't narrow down exactly what the error is, the error code makes it so much easier.

Side Note: PenguinExterminator, I can't wait to have the nickname =)

Reactions: giulia

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
I usually google the error code, makes it easier to look it up on that database of Microsoft. =) Hope you issue is fixed! UsrClass.dat is part of the registry but it doesn't narrow down exactly what the error is, the error code makes it so much easier.

Side Note: PenguinExterminator, I can't wait to have the nickname =)
hi
i have to wait to see if it's fixed
i got this error today , and without an update
i have to wait to some days , and see if it pops up again
thanks a lot Svoll

Reactions: Svoll
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.