Status
Not open for further replies.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Hi turn on uac ( user acount control ) to max and ad https everywhere as browser extensions. I would chance you backup solution becuase keriver is not being develloped / update anymore for 4 years , which posses a huge security risk to either macrium reflect or aomei backupper , both programs do have a free version available. also get a second on demand scanner , just to be sure : emsioft emergency kit or zemana anti malware free are good options. thanks for sharing your config with us! :D

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Web Browser, PDF readers are always run in the sandbox with the option: Automatically delete the contents of the sandbox. The computer does not have Java and Flash Player installed.
Add avira safe shopping remove ublock ( avira uses adguard )

And do you have wd?

Reactions: Mike and hd35

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
Hi, what I would add is:
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • CCleaner
  • Some more second-opinion scanners (Zemana Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes, Norton Power Eraser)
  • A signature based AV solution. A good free one is Avast, but you can find a good paid one like Trend Micro or Kaspersky for cheap if you're willing to pay.
Thanks for sharing your config! (◕‿◕)

Reactions: Mike

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
Have you considered migrating to Windows 10?
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Mike

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
A few changes:
- UAC max settings
- Zemana AntiMalware free
- HTTPS Everywhere
All important files I have on the external hard drive (backup).

I do not like this program.

My laptop is too weak for Windows 10.
Windows 10 is better optimized :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.